• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dtruck260

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Roanoke, Indiana
    I completely cleaned the rifle. I dissembled the BCG and properly cleaned it. Then sprayed with BreakFree CLP. Using a H2 Buffer, firing 55gr Lake City, the rifled functioned properly. Using a H2 Buffer, firing 62gr Wolf, the rifle wouldnt eject the shell. Then I changed to a Standard Buffer, same result. I also added a extractor spring "O" ring. That didnt work either. So what do I do now? I have fire around 400-500 62gr Wolf rounds, flawlessly until this point.

I would check the gas system to see if there was not something causing me to short stroke, ie, dirty tube (doubt it) or maybe something is lodged in the gas vent under the front sight base

Constructor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Underpowered round bolt is not making a full cycle.

What is all that crap on your bolt? Run em wet not caked in grease...

IMO this guy said it, the bolt is traveling back far enough to eject the round but not far enough to get behind the next or lock back on an empty mag.
    remove the gas block and check the gas port diameter, on a mid gas 556 it should be about .081 (#46 wire size) but it may need to be increased to .086(#44) or .089(#43) to work with ammo like Federal Eagle and some steel case, the Wolf is usually hotter.

If it was locking back on wolf ammo before use brake cleaner with the little red tube to spray down the gas tube from the receiver end, keep the muzzle pointing down.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    IMO this guy said it, the bolt is traveling back far enough to eject the round but not far enough to get behind the next or lock back on an empty mag.
    remove the gas block and check the gas port diameter, on a mid gas 556 it should be about .081 (#46 wire size) but it may need to be increased to .086(#44) or .089(#43) to work with ammo like Federal Eagle and some steel case, the Wolf is usually hotter.

If it was locking back on wolf ammo before use brake cleaner with the little red tube to spray down the gas tube from the receiver end, keep the muzzle pointing down.

^ This. I had let some buddies swap in their mags full of Wolf on my latest build and they had trouble as well. All my good brass cased ammo + some of their good stuff worked fine. I had been shooting the crap out of my gun & the bolt was bone dry. Shame on me. :rolleyes: I'm running a pretty good spring + an H buffer. I bet my regular carbine buffer would have ran better with the Wolf but I didn't have it with me.

Top Bottom