• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    IF the 556/223 was so great then why did all the other calibers show up?

Some odd logic there. You might want to read up on what went into the design of the 5.56.

What I don't like is people hanging every gadget possible on their AR.

_ultimate_machine_gun_flashlight_fo.jpg

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Let's see, what do I personally not care for. I don't like flip up front sights, non flat top uppers, the A2 style hand guards. Also find needless doodads attached to be the utmost in goofiness. I dislike makers that fail to properly stake the gas key, and sellers that lie about 1:9 being milspec.

I also hate that I can't afford an ACOG for each rifle

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Some odd logic there. You might want to read up on what went into the design of the 5.56.

What I don't like is people hanging every gadget including the kitchen sink on their AR.

_ultimate_machine_gun_flashlight_fo.jpg
    I'm fairly familiar with the round. I've even used it for what it was designed for. I've seen it's shortcomings first hand.
    That being said....they're all a compromise and none perfect,

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I guess I'm just a simpleton. When you say AR15 I think 556/223. I like my AR10 in .308 just fine
    IF the 556/223 was so great then why did all the other calibers show up? It's adequate but not ideal. JMHO

5.56 was made to wound in the battlefield, if you kill 1 you take 1 out of the fight...you injure 1 it will take 2 (at least) more men to remove him from the fight...saying that, obviously 556 kills but that's just one idea:twocents:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not a fan of 14.5" barrels with pinned flash hiders. Just get a stamp, is the 1" shorter length from a standard 16" with very little flash hider options really worth it?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    The dimensions of the FSB taper pin placement is not the same from one mfg to the next mfg...

DSCN2588.jpg

3 OS (other shooter's) FSBs, 2 OS barrels. I was able to match (barely) one FSB to one barrel.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I dislike A2 uppers, dissipators, pencil barrels, 14.5" barrels w/pinned flashhider, and M16 clones. Also don't like 762x39 ARs. The mags look stupid. I know there's more, but those are the biggest ones.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm not fond of quad rails these days. Too heavy, too large in diameter, requirement to add covers to avoid sharp edges.

Agreed. I have a UTG free float on my .22 upper. It's actually a solid piece, but I can't stand the diameter and those crappy covers they give you. It will be replaced in the future.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Oh that that too. I find it just weird that people would attached an optic in front of the carrying handle on the handguard. Especially on some ARs where the carrying handle is removeable.

I'm not fond of quad rails these days. Too heavy, too large in diameter, requirement to add covers to avoid sharp edges.

They make ARs with very thin quad rails now with better rail covers that don't expand the diameter that much

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I love my ARs for the light rifles they are, so I really dislike picking up a 12 lb. AR 15, loaded with every possible tactical accessory. Makes me laugh really.

Top Bottom