• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They make ARs with very thin quad rails now with better rail covers that don't expand the diameter that much

I like the new FF tubes on the market which allow for rail sections to be attached wherever the user prefers, I don't consider those to be quad rails. I had one of these manufactured by Troy for awhile but ended up sticking with the Magpul MOE handguards. They are cheaper, lighter and allow me to attach what I need where I need it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I've never liked the original front sight post. It really was never designed for today's optics

:scratch: I fail to see your logic. Please explain with more detail.

Because based upon my knowledge, the front sight was designed to work with the integral rear sight in the carry handle, and the height of said sight was due to the high position of the buffer tube for proper cheek weld.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have yet to find anything on the AR platform that couldnt be changed easily. Assuming proper paperwork and stamp, one could go from a short barrelled, heavy calibre room clearing gun, to a light calibre precision varmint rifle, to a carbine length medium/large game rifle in a few minutes sitting at the kitchen table with some very basic hand tools.

The only thing I have found to complain about the platform is the price...

mrzachary

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Biggest complaint would be that its not a FAL.

But really, probably the charging handle and the way you have to charge the weapon. It's not the end of the world, but man its bad. Nothing other than that really.

inccwchris

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Southside of Indiana
    Which makes them less accurate, heavier, and recoil more. But to each his own.

I'd say with anything more than 12.5", since I have a 14.5" middy that runs just fine.

I would tend to agree, with the points about the piston, however they are not less accurate. The weight would not bother me, nor would the recoil. I just am a fan of the saying do not fix what is not broken. The original gas system is perfectly fine and did not need improvement in my opinion

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I dont like rails on any gun.

I really dont need to hang 25lbs of crap on my rifle to go shoot paper in the woods.

One or two up front with a full length top rail is fine and usefull, but the full length quad rail just looks like crap and makes no sense to me.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    AP10174&QRPinst.jpg

this type of mount is useless if you do anything more than a little range shooting from a bench.

bob609891

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
    I hate flip-up rear sights.
    Now... in a tactical situation it is convenient to mount one under the ass end of an ACOG (or similar combat optic) just in case your garbage government issue trijicon goes down for the count. But if you want to shoot with ironsights, just get a carrying handle attachment, youre going to have to zero it anyway.

Top Bottom