• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Soooooo.....your telling me i cant shoot my rifle at a RIFLE target. I dont know about you but that seems stupid. most rifles are center fire rifles (except 22's and light stuff). I have been told by Bobcat Steel that i am good to go with basically all my rifles from my 22 to my .223 to my 30-06. I think ill just go with a company that lets me use my guns and they build a product that will stand up to it instead of limiting what i can use.

I think you misread what she wrote. She said Action Targets makes their rifle targets out of Ar550 steel. That is considerably harder than AR500 steel. She said they do not recommend shooting rifles at AR500 steel. Not saying who is right or wrong, just clarifying that line.

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    I have a 14" round ar500 I bought from bobcat(his better half actually)
    And I've put at least 2000 rounds to it from my 7.62x39 AK47 from 75 feet to 200 yrds
    Just has some dimples in it the size of a pen tip....so I disagree with the ar550 statement...

+1 to Bobcat

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I have a 14" round ar500 I bought from bobcat(his better half actually)
    And I've put at least 2000 rounds to it from my 7.62x39 AK47 from 75 feet to 200 yrds
    Just has some dimples in it the size of a pen tip....so I disagree with the ar550 statement...

+1 to Bobcat

What thickness is it? Did you have any issues with ricochet or spatter when you were that close?

Top Bottom