• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We have NICS and 4473's and they are not likely to go away any time soon. Yes they are infringements.

There are 20,000 unconstitutional laws on the books that do not stop criminals from attaining guns.

If denials can be used to catch criminals that would be a good thing and something to point to when the opposition say we need new laws.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Well, there one thing that federal law enforcement is good at . . . and that is press conferences.

Dudes, look, gun running from Indiana has long been a problem. Remember the Black Knights member that they caught with suitcases full of guns at the Lafayette gun show?

It's not that tough. Look up the serial number of the recovered murder weapon and then trace the number to the shop that sold it to her.

It happens every day in Indy. Heck straw buying is why some stores banned cameras and other stores demand Indiana DL instead of ID cards.

Running guns in Indiana is also somewhat of a problem. And no charges brought. Ask me how I know...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What good does enforcing these laws even do?

So they can't buy a gun from an FFL, welp guess what else exists? The private market. If you can't legally buy a gun your IQ has to be in the single digits if you're buying a gun from an FFL.

All it does is keep honest people from being able to order firearms directly, has zero impact on criminal firearms possession.

And you can't stop the private market without rigorous enforcement of licensing, registration, and inspections. So all this does is inconvenience law abiding citizens for no purpose of any kind. The only "benefit" any of this has is keeping bureaucrats employed off government welfare pushing papers around and answering phones.
    You're preaching to the choir here, brother...preaching to the choir. I was only stating my ideal state as a disclaimer to acknowledging where we're at now. And since we're forced to live under the current regime, I'd rather it use the tools in its toolbox already rather than try to invent new ones.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What good does enforcing these laws even do?

So they can't buy a gun from an FFL, welp guess what else exists? The private market. If you can't legally buy a gun your IQ has to be in the single digits if you're buying a gun from an FFL.

All it does is keep honest people from being able to order firearms directly, has zero impact on criminal firearms possession.

And you can't stop the private market without rigorous enforcement of licensing, registration, and inspections. So all this does is inconvenience law abiding citizens for no purpose of any kind. The only "benefit" any of this has is keeping bureaucrats employed off government welfare pushing papers around and answering phones.

Yeah but. . . . .FEELINGS!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was in an LGS and there were 3 or 4 teenagers saying "That one Grandma" and pointing to the AK on the wall.

I left. That happens to be "THE" LGS in NWI that more crime guns are traced back to than any other.

I am sure that the transfer was legal, but I personally would have refused the purchase.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I was in an LGS and there were 3 or 4 teenagers saying "That one Grandma" and pointing to the AK on the wall.

I left. That happens to be "THE" LGS in NWI that more crime guns are traced back to than any other.

I am sure that the transfer was legal, but I personally would have refused the purchase.

The Don's Guns of NWI?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you read a few articles about Indiana being Chicago's problem you are bound to see their name. I personally like the shop and people, but they do sell a lot of guns that end up in Chicago.
    [video]https://media.nbcchicago.com/images/621*349/Top+10+Source+Dealers+of+Recovered+Firearms.png[/video]
    Sorry, #3.

Last edited:

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    From the graph, the top 2 gun stores in Illinois sell as much as the next 8 gun shops combined. While I have no doubt there is some culpability, it doesn't strike me as Indiana shops are the cause of their problems.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    From the graph, the top 2 gun stores in Illinois sell as much as the next 8 gun shops combined. While I have no doubt there is some culpability, it doesn't strike me as Indiana shops are the cause of their problems.

Naw, their absurd gun laws just created a very healthy black market in chiraq, and instead of take responsibility for their failure to govern their own city, they want to pass the blame to the next guy.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, I wasn't saying we were responsible. Someone asked the name of the shop that I eluded to.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just left Ted's Montana Grill. Only straws they had were paper ones on the table. Opened one... realized it.... then tossed it aside like the trash it is.

Also James Hinchcliffe walked in and had lunch.

Mellow Mushroom in Carmel pulled that nonsense, next time we go we’re taking our own lol.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    [FONT=&quot]One of the firearms was used in an unrelated homicide where at least four people were shot and one person died, the release says.”

How is that unrelated?[/FONT]

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In answer to the title question- it looks like it

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...cle_519a427d-7b45-5e73-90b6-f2639edf3e81.html

U.S. Attorney Thomas L. Kirsch II announced a new effort to crack down on firearms violations in Northwest Indiana with the indictment of eight Lake County residents and one man from Chicago.

"We will not tolerate violent crime in the Northern District of Indiana," Kirsch said Tuesday during a news conference.

He said his office is cooperating with state and local law enforcement agencies to reduce the number of firearms that are stolen and then used in later crimes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    36 guns in three months? That's a ton, even by my standards. I wonder how many stores she was going to.

And I wouldnt necessarily be against true* straw purchasers being held responsible as an accessory much like criminals are like when a perp is charged for murder because somebody in the encounter is killed no matter who pulled the trigger.

*When someone purchases for a prohibited person, not when they could have but it was just a gift... No need to collar Grandpa when grandson with a clean record does something stupid a couple years later.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can we also get those who are outright neglegent looked at? Like leaving guns in unlocked cars.

That's not a crime. It's not even a basis for civil liability...no matter who you are.

Nicholson v. Lee, No.18A-CR-1371, __ N.E.3d __ (Ind. Ct. App., Feb. 14, 2019).

and to be clear:

post-14251-eddie-murphy-i-see-what-you-di-paqx-jpeg.22077

Top Bottom