Are the 550 count Federal bulk packs extinct.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    The Mishawaka WM has had a few of them, out of stock most of the time. Got 2 boxes a few weeks ago at 14 dollars and change IIRC. I hope it continues to be available and the price stays reasonable.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I find more deals out of state. The other day I was at Dunn's sporting goods in Paducah. Dunns had seriously almost a pickup load of cases of Federal 22 LR 500 packs for $15.00 ea. They also had a bunch of Blazer .45 acp and Federal XM193 400 count boxes. Also............Primers of all things.

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Also, aren't the 550 packs $13.47 not $16.xx, or did they raise the price yet again??

That's what I'm wondering. I just picked up a couple boxes of the Fed. for $13.47 at my Walmart a few weeks ago. They had the Rem. bulk boxes for around $18 about 2 months ago. I hope it didn't go up any, I've got a .22 conversion for my M11/9 SMG coming in a few days and I want to rock 'n' roll cheap!

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    That's what I'm wondering. I just picked up a couple boxes of the Fed. for $13.47 at my Walmart a few weeks ago. They had the Rem. bulk boxes for around $18 about 2 months ago. I hope it didn't go up any, I've got a .22 conversion for my M11/9 SMG coming in a few days and I want to rock 'n' roll cheap!

I wish it was that cheap. At the Seymour Wal-mart they were usually 14.47 for quite some time. They were out for about 1.5 months and when they got some in they raised the price to 16.47. Can they raise the price of products at one store and leave them lower at others?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Can they raise the price of products at one store and leave them lower at others?

I have had numerous discussions with Walmart employees about this. All of the ammo here is about $1 higher per box than everywhere else. I get the same answer every time I ask. Each store has their prices set based on their competition in the area. Since there is nothing in shelbyville.....They don't have to compete.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Well, they must have some sort of price schedule based on the store, but they have definately went up. Literally two or three weeks ago I bought some for $13.47 each at two different stores. I was traveling for work today, so I stopped by two walmarts, and one had the price at $15.47 and one had the price at $16.47 (which happened to be the Walmart where I bought them for $13.47.) My cents may be off by a few, but the .47 sticks with me for some reason and my memory is shot.

In any event, neither today had 550 packs in stock, but one Walmart did have just a few of the 375 packs for $11.47. The guy said they are stocking both now, they just didn't have the 550's in. I am crossing my fingers it is not a transition phase where they are just stocking existing production and will eventualy dwindle down to only offering the 375 packs.

Edit to accommodate ZbornacSTV's post at the same time as mine, pricing based on area competition....interesting.

chrissmallwood

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Seymour, IN
    I have had numerous discussions with Walmart employees about this. All of the ammo here is about $1 higher per box than everywhere else. I get the same answer every time I ask. Each store has their prices set based on their competition in the area. Since there is nothing in shelbyville.....They don't have to compete.

When you say competition do you mean other Wal-marts and other big box stores that sell guns and ammo or do you mean competition against gun stores? We have a few guns stores in town so youd think there was enough competition keep prices lower.

Top Bottom