• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is a Weber grill worth the extra cost over a regular grill?

• Total voters

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    I have had my gas grill for 15 problem free years. If anything ever happens to it and needs replaced it will be replaced with another Weber. My charcoal Weber has lasted 10 years and no replacement parts yet.

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Totally, I have one of the Weber Performer Grills, it has the coleman propane hookup to light the charcoal and works really well. I was skeptical at first but it really does do a good job of getting the charcoal lit. I also have one of the big propane grills- not a coleman but one of the larger ones they have at lowes and prefer the charcoal over that any day. I've had the Weber since I got married and the exterior still looks new. I keep it covered when not in use but leave it outside year round. I can't wait to do some ribs this weekend but ti'll do anything from steaks to vegetables no problem. The more experienced I get with it the more I'm able to cook different meats different ways to whether it be adding some wood chips to add some smoke to slow cooking a filet.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    A Weber will last as long a 3 typical grilles and with the new front to back burner arrangement you can use only part of the cooking area which has always been my only complaint.

Weber's don't get as hot as some grilles, 600degrees is about the limit but they are designed to cook with the lid closed circulating the air and holding the heat in.

If you need a grille and can afford a Weber buy a Weber.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Thought I'd resurrect this zombie thread after reading it. Getting ready to plunk down some coin for a gas grill for the vacation place. It needed to be quality, long lasting and small enough to roll in the house when we're not around lest it get stolen. Been looking at Weber's for some time now and am going to take the plunge soon.

Figured there may be others like me so decided to bounce this back up to the top for their benefit as well.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Unless things have changed in the 25 years we have had ONE, I vote for the Weber. I have changed out the flavorizor bars probably three times and the grates twice with a new set of grates now at the back door (3rd set). I have never needed to change the burner tubes and I wire brush them about every other year. I did replace the grease trap wire a couple of times as well as the bottom pan glides on both sides of the sliding grease pan. Mine is the old outdated Genesis 1000. The red one with wooden side board and folding table. Always outside and covered.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'd vote for a high end Holland grill instead. I have the Apex, never burn the food and it will last as long as I will. It does take a different grilling mindset though, put the food on and open a bottle of wine. I also have an infrared grill for when I want things to go faster.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Broil King ftw! My f-i-l is on his second Weber in 13 years. After much review, I chose a Broil King Regal, 5-burner model. I've only had it for 3 years, but I love it... It is the best grill I've ever owned. Also made here is Indiana (Huntington, I think).

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    if you're looking to make the journey into charcoal grilling, get a weber and never look back. I got my first one 10+ years ago and haven't used propane since.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Just scored a Weber Spirit with absolutely minimal usage for $170!:rockwoot: If it weren't for the grease on the cooking surface and flavorizers you'd never know it had been used. We'll probably take this one down to my sisters vacation place in Ft Walton.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom