• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Old argument. Has been used in California to make more and more people prohibited persons.

The anti-civil rights lobby wants to swell the listing of prohibited persons.

“It is reasonable to imagine,” Swanson and his colleagues conclude, that people who are angry, aggressive, and impulsive have an arrest history. Accordingly, they advocate gun restrictions based on indicators of this personality type, such as convictions for misdemeanor violence, DUIs, and restraining orders. This, they think, would do a much better job of reducing gun violence than a focus on certified mental illness.

So, no guns for a 53 year old father of three who got in a fight in a bar near Fort Bragg at a 21 year old E-4?

No guns for someone who blew over .08 when they were 19?

The Left's obsession with criminality exhausts me. "Show me the man and I will show you the crime."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That didn't make me angry at all. In fact, it made me laugh. It also made me feel a little bit sorry for people that think like this.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    All those angry people out there is scary. Best bet is to carry my gun. :):

I wonder how how many in law enforcement or the military have "anger issues"? Not trying to start a fight, but think about the silly criteria.

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    Complete liberal rubbish.

This is the G rated version of what I was thinking! :)

I ask, can these people realy be that stupid? Even just a few of them? How do they ever manage to get through a whole day unassisted? Do they wipe the drool off of their own faces?

No replies needed. I was just asking rhetorically.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, "impulsive", and exhibits "outbursts of anger" - but what crime have they committed? National statistics indicate that the subset of people who carry firearms commit crime an order or two of magnitude less frequently than the population at large - regardless of their impulsiveness or propensity to angry outbursts.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Most of the people that I know that are perpetually angry or mentally ill are die hard liberals.

Wonder if someone would fund a study for me on this....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not even going to bother to read it.

From another article, the headline: "Christians need to accept that Jesus was sometimes wrong—in fact, he might even want us to."

:rolleyes:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Own over six guns? Check
    Angry? Check (angry at nonsensical liberal arguments)
    Carry outside home? Check (for my family's safety)

My guns should be taken away obviously.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder how how many in law enforcement or the military have "anger issues"? Not trying to start a fight, but think about the silly criteria.

Over the course of a career? Probably a pretty significant amount have anger issues at some point. I started having some anger control issues after dealing with a child shot in the neck, took advantage of our program for such things, and moved on. Being angry and shooting someone willy-nilly aren't the same thing.

Top Bottom