• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That same 550 brick is $60 in our classifieds.
    I am trying to get some .22Lr together for a friends sons Boy Scout program. I am giving them 400 rds. of CCI shorts, 1000 rds Lr from my personal stash.
    I am trying to scare up 1000 more that we will buy out of pocket in support of this but really....$60 a brick.

I still have to get my grand daughter through an Appleseed program and support her this summer.

I am up to it with the flippers. They can all apply lips to my lower anatomy.

Wheres hornedlyn when I need him.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That same 550 brick is $60 in our classifieds.
    I am trying to get some .22Lr together for a friends sons Boy Scout program. I am giving them 400 rds. of CCI shorts, 1000 rds Lr from my personal stash.
    I am trying to scare up 1000 more that we will buy out of pocket in support of this but really....$60 a brick.

I still have to get my grand daughter through an Appleseed program and support her this summer.

PM me and I will get you a brick of 550 at pre-freakout prices.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    A shame this is hurting the youth, which is the foundation of the future of our sport. Turn them off it now, and our grandchildren will only hear stories about firearms.

I'm the only one in my extended family with more interest in guns than having one for deer season. I was able to start shooting with a $100 Mosin and a $50 spam can of ammo. (Started in all of this only some six years ago.) Wonder how many kids in similar positions will become disenfranchised due to the higher starting costs for shooters at this point in time?

I discovered firearms on my own without family, friends, or others suggestions. Let's make sure that can happen for future generations. Remember, the antis have a knack for outbreeding us. Gotta attract new blood if we want our rights to stay intact.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    Did anybody go? Maybe NBC's chris Hansen was there with cameras to try and make a big deal out of Private transactions? I mean really, this IS where our media is today, right?

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Castleton did not get any ammo yet this week. We are getting our truck this friday morning due to a delay. No idea what will be on it. We have not gotten 22 "bricks" in several weeks. The last 22 ammo we received was CCI Mini-mags two weeks ago. We did not even get any 9mm last week other than hollow points.

GM revoked our ammo discount over a month ago. We pay what YOU pay. Even then we dont get first option on ammo. They arent letting us get it til end of the day if at all. Last week, I got NO ammo.

Judging from the spelling it could well be a GM employee ;) Heck I cant spell either but I can spell Ruger (reming fmj? 10 22 rugars? )

We rarely have scheduled breaks. We take them when we can get them.

It amazes me that some idiot posts something like this and anyone actually believes it. Cmon people.

We got calls ALL DAY today because of this crap. I assure you no one on shift had time to go sell stuff in the parking lot. Not to mention the immediate firing that would occur if this was done.

Not sure what the poster was trying to accomplish other than stir the "Gander sucks" pot. Which he did accomplish.

Very glad to see many level heads posting on here that this is probably just garbage.

Last edited:

SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    What does amaze me is the way GM keeps stocking the shelves only for the Friday morning flippers. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't allocate some of that ammo to put on the shelves at different times on different days. That would help some of us that need the ammo for purposes intended.

I spole to a GM employee about it this morning at the Greenwood location. He pretty much said corporate doesn't care as long as it sells.

Edit - I was also told they have to go out in the parking lot and run people off. They buy 22's in the store for $22. then sell it in the parking lot for $100. They could avoid all this with a little common sense.

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    Makes sense. You get a product in, you stock the locations full and put the rest on back stock. Putting 5 in a location that holds 20 is a waste of time. Every store does it.

Top Bottom