• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    After completing my second week of being a non smoker, and all the agony that went along with it,lol. I just thought id offer to give some advice if any other members were thinking of quiting. I know that it has helped me talking with other people about quitting. So if you are post up questions or comments on here, or send me a Pm. I would be glad to help any way I can.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    For those trying to quit-if you absolutely can't quit try electronic cigarettes. ElectronicStix Home Page They are much healthier than cigarettes and you can get started with around one hundred bucks and get all the equipment you need for a couple months.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    For those trying to quit-if you absolutely can't quit try electronic cigarettes. ElectronicStix Home Page They are much healthier than cigarettes and you can get started with around one hundred bucks and get all the equipment you need for a couple months.

i thought about those to help with the cravings, but opted not to thinking it would just leed me back to the real thing. Good idea though

code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    My boyfriend quite almost 2 years ago cold turkey. He was a 2 pack a day smoker. Sunflower seeds and gum helped him the most. The first month was the hardest and he still had cravings several months after that. But now you would think he never touched a cigarette in his life. The FSC cigarettes are was made him finally decide to quit. They made him really sick! Now I think he has taken his cigarette money and bought guns... lol. Good luck to everyone that's trying to quit!

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, it is very difficult but well worth it. I feel so much better than when I was smoking. Not to mention I rarely get sick/cold either. It is definitely worth it. For all of you trying to quit, KEEP IT UP! YOU CAN DO IT!!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I agree, The one thing I have been useing is cinimon toothpics, Ive went threw probably 200 of them in the last two weeks,lol. But I agree even after two weeks I do feel different, More energy and not as tired as I use to be. Its probably the hardest thing i have ever done. But as they say, anything in life worth doing is never easy.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My boyfriend quite almost 2 years ago cold turkey. He was a 2 pack a day smoker. Sunflower seeds and gum helped him the most. The first month was the hardest and he still had cravings several months after that. But now you would think he never touched a cigarette in his life. The FSC cigarettes are was made him finally decide to quit. They made him really sick! Now I think he has taken his cigarette money and bought guns... lol. Good luck to everyone that's trying to quit!

My GF is dealing with this logic now, I just bought a rifle yesterday. And justified my purchase by telling her well look at the money I have saved by not smoking,lol. then of course after I get it she wants to know when we are going to shoot it,lol

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Bringing this back up. I'm in my 4th day without and this is a pain! But I got to do it for myself and son (9 months old).

You can do it man, you're already past the hardest part. Now just keep fighting those cravings, DON'T GIVE UP!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    After smoking for 15 years, my wife and I quit, cold turkey...back in 1991. Smokes were a buck a pack and between us we burned up 3 packs a day. That was a whopping $1150.00 a year or so. Today, at an average price per pack of $4.80 it's over $100 a week. On a 40 hour work week, that's over $2.50 an HOUR of your after tax wages. You have to be a rich man this day and age to not want to stop smoking. If not for the health reasons, what about the financial ones? You could smoke, or you could buy a new gun every three months.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Bringing this back up. I'm in my 4th day without and this is a pain! But I got to do it for myself and son (9 months old).

Hardest thing for me to do, was to finally stop reaching into my shirt pocket. You're almost through the worst part. The brain is powerful, and the addiction is strong....you'll rationalize a million ways to Sunday why it'd be OK to just have ONE. Don't do it.

If you have just one smoke, you are back at zero days...and you'll have made yourself miserable for four day, for nothing. Good luck today, and I hope tomorrow is day 5.

Make it ten days and you'll be well on your way to having it whipped.

Top Bottom