• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

What Pro's and Con's does it have?

I believe and I maybe wrong, but last time this occured, werent the Serbs ethnically killing Muslim invaders?

In a sense, life as we know it would crumble. Where the biggest and strongest, best trained, armed will control a geographical area.

However, the possibility that rebuilding the US - America with the divine inspiration of the four fathers is there, too.

I believe in my heart of hearts that America today doesnt even remotely what the Founders wanted for they're child Nation.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    A state determining a person's national citizenship?

As I remember, that is a power of the Federal government. Of course, Congress isn't performing a stellar performance with this either, after their determination that Obama was a natural born citizen.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't see how the state of Arizona can approve or deny someone's U.S. citizenship. If that was the case, if they can actually do that, I hereby request that the state of Indiana revoke the U.S. citizenship of every single person living in California, New York, New Jersey and Illinois who refuses to move out of those states.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    This will never happen and I am not sure about how I feel about the idea of new law changes. Now, I could get behind a law that says all non-citizens get shipped to California before the big quake of 2010:D

acyork50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Sweet home Arizona!

I lived in San Diego when I was younger, my dad was stationed there, he was in the Navy and was stationed on the Aircraft carriers Hornet and Coral Sea. While there we were considered the minority, more mexicans than you can shake a stick at. They will do anything to steal from you, they have a saying beg, borrow, and steal. Don't ever turn your back on a mexican, they will cut your throat for pennies, they have no remorse and they really don't give a sh - hoot - sorry for my language. The people of Indiana are new to the mexican, many hoosiers think it is great to be bilinguel and to have these people here - I think differently because I know the kind of trouble these people bring with them. They always have something illegal on the side, whether it is drugs, stealing, prostitution, whatever it takes to get money under the radar. No other country incourages it's people to leave and go to the states like mexico, from the beginning they are illegal and everything they do is illegal and when caught they say I don't understand Anglish, don't believe them they all understand perfect English. Why would you go and live in a country where a different language is being spoke unless you really understand. They have company's fooled in thinking that Spanish is needed to be printed on containers, packages, everything. The mexicans know what the product is, they don't need to be treated with such respect.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    Maybe Arizona could base their attempt on the obvious intentions of the people who penned the 14th amendment. It is clear that the writers did not intend to provide automatic citizenship to any illegal who could make it across any of our borders and drop a kid so that they could stay in this country and someday bring in their whole village to live in the USA. There will be riots, property damage and even loss of life if any attempts are made to clean this mess up. We can lay all of damages directly at the feet of our gutless, spineless and lilly-livered politicians who were more concerned about staying in office than they were the welfare of the true citizens of this country. Personally, I do not want to see everyone sent back home in one mass exodus. I do want to know who is in this country and where they are and I do not want any illegals given citizenship unless the path to such citizenship goes through service in the military and an honorable discharge to prove how much they want to be a citizen. If the bammer and his lib friends give the millions of illegals instant citizenship, the democratic party will retain power forever as it should be obvious that those new citizens would vote en mass for the party that promises to give them everything that they are taking out of our pockets. Just my two cents.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Considering when and the reason for the 14th amendment I say its time to repeal it and write another amendment for immigration. It was intended to ensure the children of slaves would be recognized as citizens of the United States, not for illegals to sneak here and have a child.

/thread

No one takes the context of law into account when interpreting it anymore. They only see how much they can twist and stretch it to fit their own agenda.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    /thread

No one takes the context of law into account when interpreting it anymore. They only see how much they can twist and stretch it to fit their own agenda.

The law is not unclear or in need of "interpreting" on the matter. It says what it says:
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
    The only folks I know of born in this country but not under its jurisdiction are those born to diplomats who have diplomatic immunity. Illegal immigrants are certainly subject to its jurisdiction; if not they could not be prosecuted/deported.

If you don't like it, work to repeal it. Don't try to put it in some "context" to destroy the plain meaning of the words.

Joe

Top Bottom