• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    True Americans! This is what it is going to take to help secure this border since our present administration whats to open the door wide for them!
    i thinks it would be safe to say that no administration, past or present, was willing to do anything to secure our boarders

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Your leadership is not interested in securing the border, too much money being made by too many people to do that. They just want the problem semi-managed to extract maximum value from it. Cheap labor and lots of dc/state jobs to expand. Tremendous potential for public/private business and a feast for lawyers. Like the drug problem, it will never end.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    To anyone who hates all the illegals, wants the boarder fenced off, etc., I have a question for you.

If your family was struggling to get by, suffering through poverty in the same way millions of Central American families are, and your best - or perhaps only - option was to illegally enter another country, get a job, and send money home, what would you do?

To any man who would let his family starve or who would leave his wife and kids behind to suffer alone I say this: you are not a man.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    To anyone who hates all the illegals, wants the boarder fenced off, etc., I have a question for you.

If your family was struggling to get by, suffering through poverty in the same way millions of Central American families are, and your best - or perhaps only - option was to illegally enter another country, get a job, and send money home, what would you do?

To any man who would let his family starve or who would leave his wife and kids behind to suffer alone I say this: you are not a man.

I don't blame THOSE people, I'd probably do the same thing, BUT, I'll agree to open the borders to those that want to come and WORK here and INTEGRATE into our society and CONTRIBUTE to it, IF we eliminate all wealth-transfer (welfare) programs. :patriot:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I can't argue with you on this because I've spent a lot of years working in the border towns in Mexico and experienced the poverty first hand. That said, I can't say that I met any folks there that would not feel the same way were our roles reversed. It's just a matter of perspective.

A big way to shut off the flow is to dry up the oppourtunity and stop the institutionalized profiteering from the problem. Executives of the companies that hire the illegals must do prison time. No exceptions. Today the leadership of these companies just look at it as the cost of doing business. Seeing thier fellow country club members shackeled together in orange jumpsuits picking up trash along the highway might motivate them to change.

Too bad that won't happen.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I don't blame THOSE people, I'd probably do the same thing, BUT, I'll agree to open the borders to those that want to come and WORK here and INTEGRATE into our society and CONTRIBUTE to it, IF we eliminate all wealth-transfer (welfare) programs. :patriot:

^^ This (especially the bold part) ^^

People forget that Mexico was pissed when Texas succeeded, and when the US won the Mexican War and took the Southwest Territory (in exchange for forgiving some debt). Hard core Mexicans believe it is still their property wrongfully taken as a result of aggressive actions. You know, the whole indiginous people thing.

It's not their territory anymore. If they want to come here, they should at least cause no harm.

Oh, and if you're caught illegally in Mexico, they put in in prison for two years IF the Federales don't plant you in the desert.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ^^ This (especially the bold part) ^^

People forget that Mexico was pissed when Texas succeeded, and when the US won the Mexican War and took the Southwest Territory (in exchange for forgiving some debt). Hard core Mexicans believe it is still their property wrongfully taken as a result of aggressive actions. You know, the whole indiginous people thing.

It's not their territory anymore. If they want to come here, they should at least cause no harm.

Oh, and if you're caught illegally in Mexico, they put in in prison for two years IF the Federales don't plant you in the desert.

Well said.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL

You don't have to be a man to want to be responsible and take care of your family. Also, those south of the border aren't the only ones who are having a hard time feeding and housing their families. Many HERE are homeless, starving, doing without needed services because our tax dollars are going to take care of the illegals - who don't pay in.

The Mexican government (all governments south of the border) are "fat & sassy", denying their people that which they take (steal?) for themselves.
    It is NOT our responsibility to support the people of other countries so that their government officials can continue to live the "high life".

No, I don't feel sorry for them. Let them go to their own government for "handouts".

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    You don't have to be a man to want to be responsible and take care of your family. Also, those south of the border aren't the only ones who are having a hard time feeding and housing their families. Many HERE are homeless, starving, doing without needed services because our tax dollars are going to take care of the illegals - who don't pay in.

The Mexican government (all governments south of the border) are "fat & sassy", denying their people that which they take (steal?) for themselves.
    It is NOT our responsibility to support the people of other countries so that their government officials can continue to live the "high life".

No, I don't feel sorry for them. Let them go to their own government for "handouts".

So you would or would not go into another country illegally to feed your family?

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    So you would or would not go into another country illegally to feed your family?

No. I would not. I would find a LEGAL way to do it here. No job is too "low" as long as it is honest/legal. I'm not too proud to get my hands dirty with "clean" dirt. (Meaning nothing illegal/immoral)

As long as I can physically do anything (even wash bedpans, etc.), I will always try to "do it right".

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County

As long as our border is not secure, we are in fact , enabling the problems in Mexico to exist. With easy access to the US , and the money they earn and send home, the Mexican people have no incentive to take back their country. Take away the easy access to the US economy, and perhaps enough real men would organize and unite to fight their corrupt Government, and then begin to work on building a better life for themselves and their families. Yeah I know, it sounds kind of harsh , but short of the US invading Mexico , it's how it needs to happen.:twocents:

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy

america wasnt built over night but sweat blood and sacrifice

perhaps those 'men' should not abort they boat and stay to make it better like america does

there is obviousy no shortage of numbers

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Yea, yea, yea...the system, taxes, welfare, America, take our jobs....I'm familiar with the whole bit.

What I'm asking is if you'd break the law to feed your family or let them suffer through poverty instead.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Yea, yea, yea...the system, taxes, welfare, America, take our jobs....I'm familiar with the whole bit.

What I'm asking is if you'd break the law to feed your family or let them suffer through poverty instead.

I already answered that question.
    No one has to break the law in order to take care of themselves and their families. They just have to get over the "I'm too good to do that kind of job" attitude.
    Who says that a job has to pay a lot or has to be easy or clean to be
    "worthy" of "our" efforts?

Top Bottom