• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    I wouldn't object to a small fee when posting an item for sale, but don't know as I'm on there enough to pay monthly. Some of the sellers ads have the contact info already in the listing.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You are forgetting that armslist has notoriously bad information security. They were a lucrative data mining target before, now people will be putting checking account info on there to get the better rate making the site an ever bigger target.

Why in the world would anyone enter checking account info? Is it required? That would be a deal breaker for me. I do everything with a credit card. I'm not overly concerned if someone gets my credit card number. It's happened before, just a minor inconvenience to get the fraudulent charge removed and get a new card issued.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Why in the world would anyone enter checking account info? Is it required? That would be a deal breaker for me. I do everything with a credit card. I'm not overly concerned if someone gets my credit card number. It's happened before, just a minor inconvenience to get the fraudulent charge removed and get a new card issued.

Because it saves 48 dollars a year. Micro charges incur processing fees with the big credit companies. Would I do it, no possible way. But that half price incentive will lure some.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I would like to see the site supporter fee for those under 50 posts to go up here. Just me.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    L3JEhHC.png

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    [h=4]Dear Armslist User,[/h] [h=4]I hope all is well.[/h] [h=4]You may be finding yourself having some difficulty navigating the site. We thank you for your patience as we upgrade our infrastructure in an effort to reduce scams, and improve the overall user experience. As you may know, we are facing yet another lawsuit from the anti-gunners at Brady United. In an effort to offset the mounting legal costs, we have created a new paid account type: The Premium Personal Program. While it's still in it's early stages, our roadmap for the program includes some exciting new characteristics for our users including exclusive discounts, exclusive deals, and a plethora of new site and account features in the months to come. If you'd like to give it a try, click here. You still are able and always will be able to browse the site for free.[/h] [h=4]Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we experience these growing pains. We hope to offer a vastly improved experience soon.[/h] [h=4]Best,[/h] [h=4]J. Gibbon[/h]

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    On a serious note, I usually have the INGO Classifieds and Armslist open in my broswer everyday. I refresh them from time to time and check to dee if anything listed jumps out at me as a deal I can't pass up. If there's something specific that I know that I want, I'll check the classifieds here, Armslist, Gunbroker, Brownells, MidwayUSA, the manufacturer's wesite, and the other major vendors.

Armslist can be fun, but I haven't bought and sold enough there to pay $84 a year for the privelege, and I'm definitely not giving them any of my checking acount details to get a cheaper rate, especially if I'm just going to buy.

Here's how I handled it. I politely asked them to delete my account, which they did. Then I deleted my bookmarks for their site. Then I bought a paid subscription on INGO, finally. Time to quit freeloading. :cool:

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Some folks think businesses should loose money endlessly and stay in business..

Listing or selling fees would be a better way to go about that. Having to pay a membership fee to buy is going to drive off a lot of buyers, but listing or selling fees only wouldn't deter me off as a seller.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I was getting that message also but I found that if you don’t log in to Armslist, if you have an account, and just start a listing, it will still let you. I did use a different email to do so but it still allowed me without it telling me to upgrade. Maybe they send that message for free account holders and use that email in the account.

Top Bottom