• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Yep, nope. I have used Armslist quite a bit but it's not worth even $3.99/month. I would love to see what happens to their volume of listings going forward.

I have used it too over the years with a lot of success.
    I guess for now I will buy/sell/trade here, gunbroker, and start going back to local shops. Which I haven't gone into for quite some time.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    This is part of the left's strategy - make it too expensive and too cumbersome to exercise our Second Amendment rights.

I am thinking that I should pay for a year to just to make sure Armslist survives.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Listing or selling fees would be a better way to go about that. Having to pay a membership fee to buy is going to drive off a lot of buyers, but listing or selling fees only wouldn't deter me off as a seller.

Seems to work well over the decades for Sams Club, BJ's and Costco and many others as a business plan.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :dunno:

Hello Mr. Armslist seller,

I'll happily pay your asking price, if you'll discount me the 7 bucks for my new monthly membership charge.

If this is a go, I can meet at your convenience at the blah, blah police dept. parking lot. I will have correct change cash for the purchase.

Thank you,

Armslist buyer.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Seems to work well over the decades for Sams Club, BJ's and Costco and many others as a business plan.

Except they provide actual value for their membership fees, as a retailer. You know when you pay your fee, you will have access to goods at reduced prices, and special deals not available to the public.

On Armslist, you could pay a year's worth of fees, and not see a single used item priced less than new MSRP. :):

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've gotten some sweet deals on there but not something I would ever pay to use. Looks like I'll delete it off my favorites list and be done.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Except they provide actual value for their membership fees, as a retailer. You know when you pay your fee, you will have access to goods at reduced prices, and special deals not available to the public.

On Armslist, you could pay a year's worth of fees, and not see a single used item priced less than new MSRP. :):

So all good deals will suddenly vaporize with pay for play?
    There is no value having the continental USA as buyers and sellers at your fingertips?

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    There is no value having the continental USA as buyers and sellers at your fingertips?

I NEVER used Armslist for anything other than face-to face. A website with no feedback on anyone and no real recourse for long distance deals? Not doing it. Nope.

If you've had good luck with that, good for you. Not something I would do. There's enough shady crap going on locally, I don't need to expose myself to long-distance dirtbags.

I'll stick to INGO, retail vendors, and Gunbrokers with people with good feedback.

It's not like I'm a high volume FFL. I'm just a guy that likes to buy and try things, and when I get tired of them, I sell them. I don't need national exposure to do that. If I WANT that, Gunbroker is a better place for it.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast

No buyer protection, no shipping.

And sadly most great deals come out of hardship, so there will be noticeably fewer good deals.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :dunno:

Hello Mr. Armslist seller,

I'll happily pay your asking price, if you'll discount me the 7 bucks for my new monthly membership charge.

If this is a go, I can meet at your convenience at the blah, blah police dept. parking lot. I will have correct change cash for the purchase.

Thank you,

Armslist buyer.

No knock on you my friend as you know I am not aiming this at you.

Welcome to the new world peoples. The liability's and security measures plus the band width user fees are driving this I am sure.
    If I really wanted something the $7 is NADA. If it is well......you are not ready for that purchase yet are you.

I wonder what the chatter would be like if Ingo limited access to the classifieds to site supporters only. You could see it but could not respond unless you had the banner over your avatar. $25 aint much for a year by any measure but peoples you should hear some of the screaming we get when we lock a squatter out and give him the option to do the support banner or become an active member. Angry smashed cats from 50% over $25 to support the site. My entire outlook for my fellow man has been altered in my time here.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Id be fine spending 25 a year one time fee. My issue is they want to automatically put everyone on a subscription, for a fee triple what a decent value would be. They don't offer any buyer protection or brokering like gun broker. I just don't see it as a 90 dollar a year value

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    I think the legal fees are creeping up...so they made a fee. Craigslist did the same, some posting cost now. Get ready for the BookFace to do the same on their garage sale side gig. The interwebs are a fascinating place to spend/make money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think the legal fees are creeping up...so they made a fee. Craigslist did the same, some posting cost now. Get ready for the BookFace to do the same on their garage sale side gig. The interwebs are a fascinating place to spend/make money.

Once this takes hold nothing will be free any more.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome to the new world peoples. The liability's and security measures plus the band width user fees are driving this I am sure.
    If I really wanted something the $7 is NADA. If it is well......you are not ready for that purchase yet are you.

$7 would not deter me from making a high dollar purchase. To the contrary, I spend more to buy from trusted sellers to make sure I get a smooth transaction. But paying $7 a month for a CHANCE of MAYBE finding a good deal is just not worth it to me.

I wonder what the chatter would be like if Ingo limited access to the classifieds to site supporters only. You could see it but could not respond unless you had the banner over your avatar. $25 aint much for a year by any measure but peoples you should hear some of the screaming we get when we lock a squatter out and give him the option to do the support banner or become an active member. Angry smashed cats from 50% over $25 to support the site. My entire outlook for my fellow man has been altered in my time here.

I have no problem with the site supporter status being a prerequisite to accessing the classifieds. I didn't become a site supporter JUST to access the classifieds, I joined to support the site, and hopefully the upgrade of the software, and because some f'er I met made me feel bad about not doing so. :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    $7 would not deter me from making a high dollar purchase. To the contrary, I spend more to buy from trusted sellers to make sure I get a smooth transaction. But paying $7 a month for a CHANCE of MAYBE finding a good deal is just not worth it to me.

I have no problem with the site supporter status being a prerequisite to accessing the classifieds. I didn't become a site supporter JUST to access the classifieds, I joined to support the site, and hopefully the upgrade of the software, and because some f'er I met made me feel bad about not doing so. :(

Awe man you do like me down deep you know.....right........:):

Top Bottom