• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squatz24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Muncie
    I believe the switch to Sig had something to do with a former well placed trooper securing a job with Sig.
    This was the handgun ISP was seriously considering before they went with Sig. The Sgt in charge of firearms at the time told me he visited their plant and was very impressed. The plant was spotless and used the same quality control as their M16 (and M4 now maybe?). He couldn't stop saying enough good things about the company and the handgun.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My FS9 is quite accurate.

Have you tried shooting with different backstraps to see if that's an issue? MOST people, even big burly manly men will shoot the gun better with the smaller backstrap installed vs. the larger two. That may also be the reason you shoot your Shield better - it fits better in your hand. Have you had anyone else shoot your FS to see if it may be the gun vs. the shooter? Because, generally speaking, accuracy issues with guns have to do with the shooter - not the hardware itself.

That said, wasn't there a hubub several years ago about the rifling twist rate in the M&P pistol not being fast enough or some such?

Yours may be. As a group, there are well known and well documented accuracy issues with the gun, and it is a hardware issue.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Mine run just fine. They are .45s, though, a full size and a compact. I've never owned one of the 9mm ones, unless you count my Shield, which I wouldn't trade for 2 Glock 43s.

I *think* the full size 9mm is the only one with the accuracy issues. I've been told it's due to inconsistent lockup and that a faster twist rate torques the barrel more and creates a better lockup, but I'm only parroting what I've heard and have no real understanding of the issue myself.

Top Bottom