• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ooooooooh, that'll chap some fanny's around here. The internet might just burn to the ground if that actually happened.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If I had $20.00 every time I had a chapped fanny...

I'd probably be on probation with a stay away order for east tenth street.

Regarding the above story, Awesome! I know many that'll be thrilled.

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    A generation of shooters are use to the single(ish) action of a striker fired handgun. It would be a lot easier to teach them to qualify with a Glock than it would be to master the double action of a Sig or Beretta. And the reliability of the Combat Tupperware can not be argued. Plus they are cheep in comparison to other guns they would be bidding against.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If they are looking for an effective tool, it's hard to argue against the Glock. It's already in use by the military anyway, so why not just expand on its use. I'd really rather see them go to the G21 though as opposed to the G19.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If they are looking for an effective tool, it's hard to argue against the Glock. It's already in use by the military anyway, so why not just expand on its use. I'd really rather see them go to the G21 though as opposed to the G19.

WINNER, WINNER, WINNER Almost made it it 10 posts before someone mentioned the 45!!! LOL

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope that all those guns get made at their US facility.

I believe that is one of the requirements for the contracts when they are awarded.

I don't think the 21 will be considered due to the frame size. They don't work out very well for those with smaller hands and the Army is pretty invested in 9mm, the additional capacity it offers was one of the reasons they selected the M9 when that switch was made.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Meh... I don't think much will really change. The m9 is a decent pistol, until someone uses it as a hammer or takes otherwise crappy care of it. The glocks will get the same punishment.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I believe that is one of the requirements for the contracts when they are awarded.

I don't think the 21 will be considered due to the frame size. They don't work out very well for those with smaller hands and the Army is pretty invested in 9mm, the additional capacity it offers was one of the reasons they selected the M9 when that switch was made.

Additional capacity, and dealing with NATO.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Isn't this what the new ruger american was designed for? They can take their pick 45 or 9mm.

Hope Ruger doesn't sue like they did DOJ and the Bureau of Prisons to force feed those P89 and 95 DAO boat anchors for general issue. The since went with Beretta 92 vertec DAO. They just now got away from that craziness with the M&P 9mm.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

If they need a 45 for certain circumstances they could always upgrade to the 45 GAP.. Easy enough to convert a 17 or 19 to the GAP in 10 minutes with $30 worth of parts + barrel and slide. Buying the ammo in the quantity that they buy in it would cost no more than ACP.. Seems like a no brainer to me but I'm a fan of the GAP and I know most aren't .

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Meh... I don't think much will really change. The m9 is a decent pistol, until someone uses it as a hammer or takes otherwise crappy care of it. The glocks will get the same punishment.
    May be but much to my surprise when we had the 9MM smorgasboard at Parabellum at least 50% of the shooters (for the most part newbies) were having problems with the 92 jamming, I"m assuming from limp Wristing. There was a Glock 17 in the stall next to the 92 and to my knowledge it ran flawlessly for the same group all morning.

Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    M9 is just fine as a service pistol. Very reliable and easy to shoot. We've seen plenty of cutbacks in the Army lately. I'd rather see the money spent keeping a few extra soldiers in the ranks than transitioning to an unneeded new handgun.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This makes to much sense. I don't see it happening as common sense has been dead for several years.

Top Bottom