• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Landmines. I've said it before, landmines.

Start locking up the piece of **** business owners and managers that hire illegals. Fine the **** out of them so that it is no longer beneficial to come here. And stop giving them ANYTHING!!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Start locking up the piece of **** business owners and managers that hire illegals. Fine the **** out of them so that it is no longer beneficial to come here. And stop giving them ANYTHING!!!!

I've said this for years. We're going after the wrong people. The people doing harm are the one who hire them. If illegals couldn't get jobs, they wouldn't be here (criminal elements aside).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't really disagree on that narrow point.

But, "illegal immigration" isn't really "killing the country" either.

The affair tabloidism is a social bottom feeder issue.*

The illegal immigration histrionic is a populist bottom feeder issue.

*I have no idea if that is a pun of one of her movies or not.

You need to visit the Eskinazi facility's but do not expect to hear much if any English. They are overloading the system.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

This exactly. I worked for a guy that hired one (by accident at first, he had a social security #) but turned out he was illegal using a stolen ssn. The owner tried to find a way to keep him employed because he was “cheap labor”. He would have continued if half the employees didn’t threaten to leave over it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I asked because, it seemed out of character for you. Illegal immigrant lover? That's a bit over the top, and I haven't see anything that paints T.Lex in such a way.

[To be clear, I think I intuited the humor implicit in the observation. And, if I got it wrong, I'd prefer to live in ignorant bliss.] :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [To be clear, I think I intuited the humor implicit in the observation. And, if I got it wrong, I'd prefer to live in ignorant bliss.] :D

If I must...yes, it could have been ​the purplest of all purply purple.

It always disappoints me a little when when I realize that what I thought was absurd, some people can take as serious. That's not a reflection on you, Kut, more of a statement about how vicious and partisan people think is normal these days.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You need to visit the Eskinazi facility's but do not expect to hear much if any English. They are overloading the system.

By what metric?

The Health and Hospital Corporation (which runs Eskenazi) has financials that are publicly available.
    http://www.hhcorp.org/hhc/images/budget/2018_HHC_Budget.pdf

Eskenazi overview is on page 5. (I tried to copy and paste but the formatting gets messed up.)

That portion has revenue of ~$600M and is projected to have a $4M "net income."

ETA:
    The most recent CAFR available is from 2016. But, contains this gem.
    http://www.hhcorp.org/hhc/images/budget/HHC_2016_CAFR_final.pdf

The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has been extremely beneficial to medically underserved citizens of Marion County. The ACA made it possible for Indiana to expand the HIP 2.0 program, which has reduced the uninsured rates in Marion County from 20% down to 15 % according to a report by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. At Eskenazi Health the uninsured rates have fallen from nearly 38% to only 20% in the past few years. These improvements in health coverage have improved the operational bottom-line at Eskenazi Health by more than $60 million per year.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If I must...yes, it could have been ​the purplest of all purply purple.

It always disappoints me a little when when I realize that what I thought was absurd, some people can take as serious. That's not a reflection on you, Kut, more of a statement about how vicious and partisan people think is normal these days.

Poe's Law.

Ever thus it has been, and ever thus it shall be, on the interwebz.

Top Bottom