• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    k-var usually has them. But of course you would have to get it shipped to a dealer and then pay a transfer fee on top of it. But you would not be paying sales tax on it. Just a thought, I checked k-var this year for black Friday deals, as last year they ran some AK's for 700 on black Friday, no such luck this year.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    k-var usually has them. But of course you would have to get it shipped to a dealer and then pay a transfer fee on top of it. But you would not be paying sales tax on it. Just a thought, I checked k-var this year for black Friday deals, as last year they ran some AK's for 700 on black Friday, no such luck this year.

I may end up having to order one if noone around here has them in stock. Thanks for the info.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I saw your DD lower in the classifieds, do you have a complete DD rifle that you are thinking of selling?

No ive got a complete DD rifle but im not wanting to sell it. The lower im selling is just an extra one I bought awhile back for when I wanted to build another one. Im parting with it to fund this Arsenal purchase.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    No when I finally get my arsenal I'm not gonna change anything on it. It's gonna stay just how it comes.

Lol thats what i said then i replaced my furniture with plum that has funny little silver stamping all over them, then attached a silly piece of rubber on the stock. Then for a topper slapped on an optic from no other than Belarus. But it still hasnt really changed. Its too bad a 74 style break wont fit an sgl then i would be done.:D I was also lookin to install an svd type folder but at 500 a pop i think a triangle folder is in the works instead. But its all funny i said the same thing. "I wasnt gonna mess with it"

Last edited:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN

Just checked out k-var, they are completely out of stock

GunGunDin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    I got to tell you i've been eye balling an arsenal 74
    Must fight the urge
    The tax man is going to kill us in april (boo)

dleach1988

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Hey bonez. Not sure if you remember me, I was the one that made that thread at the beginning of this year about getting a new AR15. I Ended up going with the Daniel Defense M4V3... you had the v5... ANYWAY lol. I have a sgl-21 and I would not hesitate to get one if you can get a good deal on one. Hands down (IMO) the best AK 100 series clone on the market. I have had 0 issues with it from day 1, and I've had it for almost 2 years now. Arsenal makes quality rifles. From what I understand, the receiver is made at the izmash (don't know if that's spelled correctly) factory in Russia, that's where the original AK47 was made.. If you own a DD then I know you don't settle for cheap stuff. I'd highly recommend this rifle to anyone who is on the market for an AK.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Hey bonez. Not sure if you remember me, I was the one that made that thread at the beginning of this year about getting a new AR15. I Ended up going with the Daniel Defense M4V3... you had the v5... ANYWAY lol. I have a sgl-21 and I would not hesitate to get one if you can get a good deal on one. Hands down (IMO) the best AK 100 series clone on the market. I have had 0 issues with it from day 1, and I've had it for almost 2 years now. Arsenal makes quality rifles. From what I understand, the receiver is made at the izmash (don't know if that's spelled correctly) factory in Russia, that's where the original AK47 was made.. If you own a DD then I know you don't settle for cheap stuff. I'd highly recommend this rifle to anyone who is on the market for an AK.

Yea I remember the thread. You like the DD so far? I actually picked up an SGL21 from a fellow member on here a few hours ago. I am definitely in love with it. I've only been able to shoot 20 rounds through it so far but it is awesome!! It is definitely the highest quality AK I've had te pleasure of handing/shooting!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    The whole rifle is made at Izhmash. Arsenal USA is nothing more than a conversion company that makes the rifles 922r compliant for retail sale in the US. Thats it.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    SGL21 PIC

I was finally able to get some pics of it so I thought I would share.

99ABE341-AF85-4E7E-9BA1-0E126E802F91-8962-00000614D0447D91_zps91266efa.jpg

466F2D7A-1DBD-4064-8249-8735E6C650F6-8962-00000614D87A4B25_zpse3c77969.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The whole rifle is made at Izhmash.

Well yes, in that it starts life as a Saiga sporter rifle.

Arsenal USA is nothing more than a conversion company that makes the rifles 922r compliant for retail sale in the US. Thats it.

So you've got US-made furniture and fire control group in there, and the machine work done on the front and back ends of the gun to return it to its "non-sporting" configuration is all done here. That's not really the "whole rifle" being made at Izhmash, now is it?

But I get what you're saying, in reference to the previous poster - it's more than just the receiver that comes out of Izhmash; it's the entire barreled action.

Top Bottom