• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2020
    Portland
    This is a tuff one for me to ask. I don’t normally share family information. Monday morning my dad went to work just like any other day. He is a logger and has been doing it for 50+ years.

A freak accident happened early in the morning and a tree fell on him. He was life lined to Dayton where he is currently in the ICU. He has many broken bone all over and a severe spinal injury.

I just figure even if one more person says a prayer it’s something. At this point I’m pretty numb. My dad is 66 and I am 37 almost 38. I have have never seen him be in fear of anything unless it had to do with my mom being sick. He can’t be without her. I could ramble all day about what I’m feeling but I won’t. I just ask for prayers of healing. We know life from here on out will be different but GOD can do wonders of all kinds.
    Praying for a complete healing and quick recovery.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    This is a tuff one for me to ask. I don’t normally share family information. Monday morning my dad went to work just like any other day. He is a logger and has been doing it for 50+ years.

A freak accident happened early in the morning and a tree fell on him. He was life lined to Dayton where he is currently in the ICU. He has many broken bone all over and a severe spinal injury.

I just figure even if one more person says a prayer it’s something. At this point I’m pretty numb. My dad is 66 and I am 37 almost 38. I have have never seen him be in fear of anything unless it had to do with my mom being sick. He can’t be without her. I could ramble all day about what I’m feeling but I won’t. I just ask for prayers of healing. We know life from here on out will be different but GOD can do wonders of all kinds.
    Praying for you and your Dad and surrounding family!

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    Thanks everyone. It’s been a rough day. I’ve never seen my dad down before and him being on a ventilator is devastating to me. He’s doing good for the circumstances. He has COPD so they are being careful about removing the vent with the injuries he sustained.

The respiratory therapist said he was good to come off and I reassured him all day it was coming out. Then was told tomorrow or the next day by the resident. That made him mad and very agitated. The look in his eyes of wanting that thing out absolutely destroyed me. By the time my mom made it back tonight I couldn’t contain myself anymore. It’s just not fair to watch a man be down like this that has worked so hard his entire life.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Stay positive our friend. Sometimes, life can be overwhelming, you just have to step back, take a deep breath and keep yourself together. Your dad is probably hating that helpless feeling, if I had to guess. Some of us are very stubborn...and that doesn't change. I am praying for you all. Try to keep your spirits up, this will help your mom and dad. God bless and I wish him a quick recovery and acceptance of the new him.

Top Bottom