• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I thought I would leave an update for this thread. Dad is still fighting. It’s been rough. Right when we thought he was doing good we found that he had another problem that almost killed him again. It is a huge set back. But he keeps plugging along. We aren’t sure at this point if he will ever regain and function below the chest.
    One thing I have figured out in this, is that men in general and this includes me don’t give women enough credit. It has been eye opening to say the least. I’ve watched my mom and my wife deal with things that have broken me and they keep on trucking. Not that they don’t break but in the heat of the moment they can handle more than I ever imagined.
    I still continue to ask for prayers and I hope that God will bring healing not only to my dad but my family as a whole.

Last edited:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    *Respectfully lifting you, your dad, and family up in prayer as requested*

Lord God Almighty, I lift up Paintman's family and his dad, Mike. You say in Matthew 18:20 that 'where two or three gather in your name, you will be with them'. I don't know if the internet works like that Lord, but you do. There are several gathered to read this note and to pray over this family so I will hold fast in faith that you hear these words. In Psalm 34:18 you say that you are 'close to the brokenhearted and save those who are crushed in spirit'. Lord, I pray that you will comfort this family. I pray that you will give them peace and strength as they walk through this season. Give them rest as time allows and protect the family's health as they come and go to the hospital and balance life's stressors outside those walls. Draw them together and soothe any hurt feelings or miscommunications as they work to support each other and work with the medical teams who are caring for their dad during this crisis. Give them favor with the hospital staff that Mike's care and progress would be personal to those who care for his injuries. Lord I pray Psalm 91 over Paintman and his family, that they will 'dwell in the shelter of the Most High and rest in the shadow of the Almighty'. Father, be with this family during this time and move in miraculous ways as only you can... Amen.

Top Bottom