• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Great, now we are going to have a gun bubble. Prices are going to blow up from goofs buying everything they see or sellers trying to make a buck from unwarranted panic. Guns are much like a 3rd rail. The topic came up (it was inevitable) but other than a brief mention, they both side stepped the topic and moved on. In reality, it is unlikely that any more restrictions are forthcoming. But Americans LOVE to panic over SOMETHING so this will give them to concentrate on. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

No, Obama didn't sidestep it. He said, specifically, that he wants an AWB, no two ways about it no matter how you may spin it.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    No, Obama didn't sidestep it. He said, specifically, that he wants an AWB, no two ways about it no matter how you may spin it.

^Yep. Romney answered the question in a much more acceptable manner to the firearms community. He came up with some BS excuse about working with both sides to get an AWB in Massachusetts, but stated we didn't need any more gun laws. Obama also insinuated that automatic weapons are widely available and not already heavily regulated by NFA 1934 and the Hughes Amendment of 1986.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He came up with some BS excuse about working with both sides to get an AWB in Massachusetts

There was no excuse. The bill Romney signed limited the Massachusetts AWB which was passed, without sunset, in 1998 (Romney was Gov. of Massachusetts from 2003-2007 and oddly did not have access to Haliburton's Time & Weather Machine so he could go back to 1998 and sign the AWB).

Again, when Romney was Gov. of Massachusetts there was already an AWB. The bill Romney signed limited the potential expansion of the statute.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Hmmm...I missed that. Obama just really sucks on all accounts. Can't wait to vote on the 6th.

So don't.

f01_1145.jpg

Blessings,
    Bill

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    There was no excuse. The bill Romney signed limited the Massachusetts AWB which was passed, without sunset, in 1998 (Romney was Gov. of Massachusetts from 2003-2007 and oddly did not have access to Haliburton's Time & Weather Machine so he could go back to 1998 and sign the AWB).

Again, when Romney was Gov. of Massachusetts there was already an AWB. The bill Romney signed limited the potential expansion of the statute.

I thought it didn't add any new existing weapons to the ban and the ban wouldn't sunset with the 2004 ban anyways? Also I thought it loosened up some licensing requirements

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm still waiting to find out which firearms were banned from the last 'AWB'.

From everything I remember, the law just just restricted certain cosmetic features, based upon points assigned to parts, that had nothing to do with the firearms firing functionality.

I love how BHO wants to take 'military grade' weapons off the street, as being inappropriate for civilian use.....but with the same breath, states that 'cheap' handguns are every much of a problem too. Translation: Those are all guns.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm still waiting to find out which firearms were banned from the last 'AWB'.

From everything I remember, the law just just restricted certain cosmetic features, based upon points assigned to parts, that had nothing to do with the firearms firing functionality.

I love how BHO wants to take 'military grade' weapons off the street, as being inappropriate for civilian use.....but with the same breath, states that 'cheap' handguns are every much of a problem too. Translation: Those are all guns.

That's right. It's called "Goldilocks Gun Control." Some guns are too BIG, others are too SMALL. Some are too cheaply made, others are too ruggedly. They'll never find any that are just right.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Obama has nothing to lose at this point and his anti remarks won't do him any harm. He already has the rabid left vote which includes gun banners. He has never had people like us, the rabid pro 2A people. And the supposed "undecideds?" If they had an opinion on gun control they would have already chosen their candidate and therefore would not be undecided. Therefore it's not on their radar. Therefore (Ortega likes to say "therefore") no sweat for O. He's just showing his true believers that he's still their hero. (Sometimes Ortega's impeccable reasoning powers leave him with a headache. He must rest now.)

Top Bottom