• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well, if you would have asked me yesterday, I would have told you there was no way Obama would have been stupid enough to talk about gun control.

I was wrong.

I watched the debate and heard Obama talk about an Assault Weapons Ban in his second term.

Now it's out in the open

Just goes to show, you can never over-estimate Obama's stupidity. :D

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Hopefully this will lead to his demise and drag many of comrades down with him.

Doubtful. If you knew nothing about guns (which a horrifying chuck of America doesn't), what he said didn't sound so bad. It's only when you know something you realize the implications of his words

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Doubtful. If you knew nothing about guns (which a horrifying chuck of America doesn't), what he said didn't sound so bad. It's only when you know something you realize the implications of his words

True unfortunately. Many people are so out of touch with reality. That's why we're in the overall situation we're in as a Nation.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    This is going to get interesting. I hope he's shot himself in the foot with this. If he stays in office he is going finish ruining this Country with his Supreme Court appointments.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    If O'Bummer gets re-elected, us gun owners are probably going to be in a lot of trouble. I have heard rumors and read opinion articles (that I can not produce or provide a link to) that this time the firearms on the illegal list will more than likely include anything semi-automatic even without muzzle brakes, pistol grips, bayonets, 10+ rnd detachable magazines, etc. When was the last time that any of you ever heard about someone holding up a gas station with his M-1 Garand? Eric Holder seems to be able to pick and choose which laws he wishes to uphold. I have no doubt in my mind that he will come after those of us with guns on the list or guns similar in form and function to those of the guns on the list with a vengeance. With a stroke of the pen, I can see a lot of us becoming criminals in a heartbeat. History will be allowed to repeat itself. I am not a one-issue voter. However, since I can not think of one issue on which I am in agreement with O;Bummer and therefore, I will have no problem in voting for the Romney, the lesser of what I perceive to be two evils in less than 3 weeks. Did everyone who watched the debate happen to catch Mr. Romney's mistake about automatic weapons being illegal in this country? Just my two cents.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    This link is to the CSPAN coverage. The video is not as good but it includes the question from the audience member.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0BVxO_61HE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    If they want to lower gun deaths they should just pass a law making it illegal to murder someone. You know... simply put a ban on murder. Doh!

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Obama is a know quantity. But I am not that impressed with Romney's record with gun grabbing ether. I don't think he wants anything but the NRA endorsement.

I can just imagine that we will see another ammo and gun shortage.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Obama is a know quantity. But I am not that impressed with Romney's record with gun grabbing ether. I don't think he wants anything but the NRA endorsement.

I can just imagine that we will see another ammo and gun shortage.

I have no clue what you are taking about... Romney has always been a solid supporter of the NRA and doesn't waver on important issues...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrGMfM3Nqs[/ame]

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Wow...... How is it that they are both total tools, at the same time? Oh, that's right - they are really one and the same....

Full Auto Illegal in this country, huh?
    We are so screwed. If Romney wins, we will go down the slope just as fast..... Gary Johnson, where the heck are you - Come now and slap some sense into both of these idiots!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Romney had a perfect opportunity to take Obama apart on the response to that question. He could have said that the FBI (the F-B-freaking-I) said the AWB had no effect on crime whatsoever when it was in place for 10 years. He could have said that if President Obama was concerned with American manufacturing, he wouldn't be pushing for a ban that would severely hurt hundred or thousands of small businesses that employ thousands of Americans. He also could have said if we really wanted to curtail the violence, instead of stripping Americans of their Constitutionally protected rights (the same ones he just said he supported like 30 seconds before that), we should be ending the War on Drugs, which is the cause of most of this violence in the first place (not that he would, since both the Rs and the Ds have doubled down on that stupidity).

Instead, he gave the same disappointing half-ass answers he always does... and then he said automatic weapons are illegal which isn't even true.

I thought the NRA ran the GOP and were the all powerful puppet masters over Republican politicians? If so, the NRA really sucks at its job if Romney's nonsense is the best we can get out of them.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Great, now we are going to have a gun bubble. Prices are going to blow up from goofs buying everything they see or sellers trying to make a buck from unwarranted panic. Guns are much like a 3rd rail. The topic came up (it was inevitable) but other than a brief mention, they both side stepped the topic and moved on. In reality, it is unlikely that any more restrictions are forthcoming. But Americans LOVE to panic over SOMETHING so this will give them to concentrate on. The sky is falling the sky is falling.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Obama campaigned on a new AWB in 2008, remember?

So, Obama stuck his tongue on the third rail, and just where is this going to him or his party?:dunno: He just took a bat to the hornets' nest.

Now the NRA has something to beat the drum over to rally the troops and will start another 379 threads on INGO about junk mail from the NRA.

Larry Pratt and GOA is running around the conference room table in close order drill, JPFO is already designing a new billboard this morning and the lawyers at SAF are stretching and limbering up in the bull pen.

Obama's statement is not shocking. The tepid response from the East Coast Eloi Romney is not shocking either but it is not Romney that is important it is his appointments to the federal bench.

Top Bottom