[Asset Forfeiture] Police took more stuff from people than burglars did in 2014.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Thanks.

I find your effort lacking.

Perhaps I should rephrase. Do you think the forfeiture process is a benefit to fighting crime? If so, what benefit does it provide?
    It no more stops crime than the other laws do.

I have no issue with forfeiture after a conviction. Without a conviction, it is a crock of :poop:

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Seized two cars and cash in the last 2 weeks.....Sleeping just fine here lately. Looking for number 3 tomorrow night. Meth is bad, large amounts of meth is real bad.

Not only the owners but the other occupants of the vehicles too.

I was on scene of a traffic accident that took place a few years ago. Driver was suspended prior in a vehicle that he did not know who owned it with 40k+ in cash strewn around the interior. Looked like it came out of a shoe box that was laying on the back seat. The most interesting thing happened, no one knew who the cash belonged too and no one ever came to claim it. Weird, almost like it was illegal drug money or something......

Same reason my kids know to do what I say, consequences man...

You give the appearance that you enjoy taking other peoples stuff and avoiding direct questions. I find those qualities concerning for someone who appears to be a sworn LEO.

I do, however, agree that meth is bad.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You give the appearance that you enjoy taking other peoples stuff and avoiding direct questions. I find those qualities concerning for someone who appears to be a sworn LEO.

I do, however, agree that meth is bad.

Could just be a vigilante who only steals from drug dealers.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    YEAH! Screw those guys! Who the hell do they think they are, trying to fundraise for an orphanage! Freaking Christians!

:rolleyes:

My post was a joke but now that we're on it is the 'no govt welfare' position at odds with tax exemptions for not for profits?

Though I do appreciate the pink text + the eye roll hah would've been tough to discern the sarcasm without

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    Just look at one city: Indy. Look at how many police were CAUGHT ripping off Illegals and drug dealers. 8-10-12? That is just the number caught. NEVER carry a lot of cash, unless your Jim Irsay with $30,000 and 5000 illegal pills, nor keep ANYTHING in your car that could give them a reason to shake you down or rip you off. Sad. I have 5 family members who were LEO's and this kind of activity really honks them off. Police USED to be respected. Now they shake people down, or hide behind cars.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Another facet of Drugs Inc.

Change laws to first offense dealing 10 years, second offense, hanging. Change the system so jail time and money aren't just the cost of doing business on the illegal side of Drugs Inc.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just look at one city: Indy. Look at how many police were CAUGHT ripping off Illegals and drug dealers. 8-10-12? That is just the number caught. NEVER carry a lot of cash, unless your Jim Irsay with $30,000 and 5000 illegal pills, nor keep ANYTHING in your car that could give them a reason to shake you down or rip you off. Sad. I have 5 family members who were LEO's and this kind of activity really honks them off. Police USED to be respected. Now they shake people down, or hide behind cars.
    This has nothing to do with police ripping people off. This is about legally taking property from people that have not been convicted of a crime.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

You can go ahead and **** off. It is abundantly clear that you hate the police and you find every reason to talk **** about them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom