At least seven dead in shooting at Ohio home.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So... interesting that this bit is actually making the news.
    Piketon Massacre: Marijuana 'Grow Operations' Found at Scenes of Family Executions - NBC News

Other family members who were not present have been advised to arm themselves while the killer or killers are on the loose, [Pike County Sheriff] Reader said. "I cautioned them that they were a target and I told them to be armed," he said.

I mean, it is totally the right advice (as well as to be trained on how to use the firearm), but it was refreshingly surprising to hear a top-dog LEO say it publicly to the press.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    As soon as I heard about this on the news the other day - I knew it would involve A) illicit drugs and/or B) human trafficking.

My first inkling was meth - as that area, geographically speaking, is a meth haven. Of course, if there were hazmat suits seen - then that's still a possibility. As far as human trafficking goes... The area in question isn't too far from Chillicothe, OH... There've been no less than SIX women vanishing from Chillicothe over the last handful of years. Ohio community seeks clues, fights fear after 6 women vanish

Whether these are drug and/or trafficking related - I have no clue. But it's hard to deny the correlation and often intertwined threads of those two things.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. Hadn't noticed the Chillicothe proximity. Yeah, that might explain some stuff.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Seems a bit too tidy for gang or cartel work

Probably depends on the gang.

Whoever did this knows how much heat this would bring. And doing it in other ways/manners would bring that much MORE heat.

This was indeed planned and surgical. Poor 16 year old kid. Poor little kids. The youngest 2 of the three MAY be "OK" mentally speaking, but that 3 year old, depending on his development, may be scarred for a long long long time. Let's just hope that his development is "normal" vs. what sometimes happens when parents are involved in endeavors such as those.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This story is back in the news.

Ohio family mass killings could be 'professional hit,' expert says | Fox News

The only new thing they have to add is that they think it was a "professional hit" which just means that someone got paid to do it. Whatever. I know it wasn't the cartel because they didn't kill the babies and there was no "Bloody" message left. Cartel kills to leave a point. These guys were killed somewhat cleanly in bed.

What gets me is how emotional the town is that this whole family got killed and how it's such a travesty and they were such good folks, etc... This is a big clue right there, they WERE known to the community because they lived and intermingled with the town folks. What could possibly go wrong there. It's hard enough just to hide a pot farm but if your living there AND interacting with the local population. Kids friends coming over... boyfriends and girlfriends coming over....

Maybe they shouldn't have been all living on a pot farm? Come on, they obviously were doing it wrong or they would all be still alive. The ones who prosper the most while growing and survive attacks are the ones with the biggest guns. Most real growers have machine guns, dogs, boobie traps and extra security of some kind. These guys got killed while still in bed which tells me they had no warning system and they didn't shoot back. They were NOT prepared at all. Trying to live like a normal family and run a business like that doesn't work.

They took the risk but basically, they screwed up.

From one of the articles - "The properties include houses and trailer homes separated by about a mile." - Total pot farm and they were growing on their own property. Rule of growers is you never grow on your own property. (you can but it's risky and stupid) Never go on someone else's trails and never hack your trail across an existing trail. Your dogs should only be on your own trails period. Once the dogs set foot on another trail, they'll keep going back to it. You don't want that. Always know your neighbors and where your neighbors trails are so you both don't cross over. It's nothing personal, just polite trail cutting.

I don't very caring do I.
    OK, I'm sorry a bunch of drug growing moron hillbillies got killed being stupid.

Better? :dunno:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My dip sh*t little brother got arrested for pot possession. The cops caught him picking it. They knew who was growing it. They were trying to catch that guy when my brother showed up. The cop said you do know if the guy that is growing it would have found you first you would probably be dead.

Druggies don't think.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So.....
    Hanna Rhoden was shot on the head - Twice - could be she moved and the first shot didn't kill her or it was personal. Being that she had a kid with one of the suspects? I'm leaning to "It Was Personal".

FS3YfpC.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rhoden-f...family-members-arrested-in-2016-ohio-killings

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Top Bottom