At what age did you buy your kid their first gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • At what age did you buy your kid their first gun?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

TGUNTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Plainfield
    My son got his first 20ga youth mdl at 10 but did not shoot it much.Then we went out with a 22lr much better choice for a kid to start with in my opinion.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    My oldest will be 4 this May. I'm planning on buying a youth bolt .22 (most likely a Marlin) before his birthday. It won't be for him specifically but for my little ones to share and for me to keep. I'll probably buy him one as a birthday present for his 7th birthday. That's when I got my first (a Ruger Single Six). I figure having just one youth-sized rifle for them to share will be best, then getting them 10/22s (or similar) when they're seven will be best, because who wants to shoot a cricket when they're 17?

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I don't have any kids since I'm a poor college student. But I received my first gun on my fifth birthday. I got a little single shot marlin if I recall correctly.

RandyMarlar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Zionsville
    I received my first at 6. It was handed down from my Grandfather to my father and then to me. I passed it along to my son when he was 8. I still think it was the most accurate .22 I have ever shot. But then it could have been my young eyes. Some of my favorite memories are of me trying to keep up with my grandfather up and down the mountain stalking squirrels. Grandma sure could fix good squirrel gravy and buscuits.

Top Bottom