• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    From what I read that is the case as long as you continue to submit applications every 24 months. So as long as you are constantly submitting forms, no new prints need to be sent. If there is a 24 month lull you will need to submit them for everyone again. .... this is what I gathered from the 41p thread going on over on arfcom

That's right. Just want it to be clear that you don't have to submit prints and pics UNLESS you are submitting a form and it's been more than 2 years since your last one. From what I read, you don't have to do anything if you are simply adding someone to your trust or your trust sits as-is with the weapons it has in it. It seems some people thought you would just have to submit prints and pics every 2 years even if you didn't buy anything.

Also, I'm sure the first thing you buy after this goes into effect will have to include the prints and pics from the responsible persons even if your last pre-41p purchase was less than 24 months prior.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    So do I understand correctly that as long as you file something and it goes pending before the rule change you are good? Or does it have be approved before that date? Trying to prioritize a few more NFA items before the change.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    This is confusing as hell. I havent used my trust yet (less than a week old, notarizing tomorrow), and it figures they decide to make things more complicated... just out of curiosity, does anyone know the cost for fingerprint/ID submission for a trustee? I'm wondering if I need to send a 20$ bill to my trustees as a peace offering for their paperwork fees/hassle. I hope to be adding my first NFA item to the trust in the next few weeks, so I just want to make sure I'm reasonably educated. Thanks to those who have shed som light on this topic!
    The amount of paperwork and crap hitting the BATF mail room is going to be hilarious....

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    My understanding is that the new rules will not take effect until 180 days after they appear in the Federal Register (I don't think they have been published yet). If you submit your paperwork now, hopefully it will be approved before they go into effect. At least that is what I am hoping. :-)

hmaverick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2014
    Greenfield, IN
    So do I understand correctly that as long as you file something and it goes pending before the rule change you are good? Or does it have be approved before that date? Trying to prioritize a few more NFA items before the change.

yes. file and buy away. a great time to stop procrastinating for some people

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Question: I read this carefully, and to my non-lawyer eyes, it appears that if you are filing as an individual (no trust) that the CLEO signoff has gone away. Is this correct?

Top Bottom