• ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Who comes up with this stupidity?
    For instance once you say your an American citizen that should allow you to skip the rest of the citizenship questions.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    While everyone is focusing on the gender there is something extremely sinister in the proposed changes. Question 26 b. "26.b. Supplemental Government Issued Documentation (if identification document does not show current residence address or full legal name).' It's the full legal name that's going to stop a lot of purchases. There's a lot of drivers license that either abbreviates the middle name or omits it all together. Most people would be hard pressed to produce a government issued ID with their full middle name if their drivers license doesn't have it on it.. Check your wallet and I'll bet you can't find one. Look around your important papers and I bet you will not find one suitable for ID purposes. I'm not blowing this out of proportion, I know it will stop quite a few sales at my store and I would also bet there isn't going to be too many FFL's willing to risk the wrath of the FED's by ignoring it.

I'll have to compare my DL to my birth certificate, but I think I'm GTG.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My Driver's Lic has my full name including middle.

Mine does too, but I had to check just now. I hate having to sign the 4473 using my full middle name. It's just not natural. I'm used to first, middle initial and last. Can whip that off like nobody's business, but make me sign my full middle name and it's like I'm back in second grade learning cursive writing all over again. :):

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I'll have to compare my DL to my birth certificate, but I think I'm GTG.

I can see it being a problem. While the instruction for 26.b concerning proof of address using supplemental documentation is fairly clear what is not clear just what constitutes proper documentation for proof of name. The only hint is the last sentence which reads,"A valid electronic document from a government website may be used as supplemental documentation provided it contains the transferee’s/buyer’s name and current residence address." So while the rules for proving your address doesn't change and in fact is a bit easier since they now allow documentation from a government website the question becomes does the verification for proof of name also require your current address to be included on the documentation? That part is not clear in the instructions for 26.b. I guess if they implement the new form they'll issue instructions on what constitutes proper documentation for proof of name. As it stands a birth certificate may not be a valid form documentation. The only safe bet is make sure your government issued photo ID has you full name on it even if it means getting a replacement before it expires.

The fun part, if implemented, is going to be all the people who provide a government issued ID that does not contain their full name only to be told that they need a supplemental documentation before the sale can proceed. There's going to be a lot of angry people at gun counters across the Country who were not aware of the rule change. Sometimes I wonder if the FED's do stuff like this to slow down the record breaking guns sales we've seen over the past few years.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My FFL and I always get in the same discussion about my middle name and how it can't possibly be correct. If he's reading this, I just spilled his coffee.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mine does too, but I had to check just now. I hate having to sign the 4473 using my full middle name. It's just not natural. I'm used to first, middle initial and last. Can whip that off like nobody's business, but make me sign my full middle name and it's like I'm back in second grade learning cursive writing all over again. :):
    When I sign, I sign first initial, second initial then full last name. No one has ever said anything.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Meh. I've got bigger fish to fry. (like the abysmal rate of prosecution of straw purchasers and those that lie on the form.)
    Exactly.

Besides, if it helps LGBTQ people get into the gun community it's a win-win. As it stands most are afraid of the stereotype of all gun owners are straight and white.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Exactly.

Besides, if it helps LGBTQ people get into the gun community it's a win-win. As it stands most are afraid of the stereotype of all gun owners are straight and white.

I think you just generalized into a stereotype.

Plus, the daily news reports of gun crimes in Indy certainly wouldn't support that observation.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    I was trying to be lazy but no, you gotta post something to make me get up and check my driver's license. It's all good and so is the woman's. Thanks for the heads up

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Perfect timing. I'm not renewing my FFL and dropping off all records at the local branch next week.

Non-binary.....sheesh.

Dont forget to turn in your membership card to the Democrat party. As a card carrying Democrat, you are required to support that lifestyle you know. :stickpoke: :):

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Dont forget to turn in your membership card to the Democrat party. As a card carrying Democrat, you are required to support that lifestyle you know. :stickpoke: :):

Actually, some of us old farts have suggested that the radicals and those who wear their sexuality perversions as a badge start their own party.

Top Bottom