• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can make no argument for many of these opinions and mind sets.
    What I can do is agree with Ggreen. Get on the horn. Make the calls. E-mails snail mails just do it.
    Any irritations we can make on the hill. Any.

The rouge alphabet agency's that were put in [place to do just this sort of thing need to be abolished.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It is nothing short of TDS to think that even if Trump wanted to do this he would drop it, like creating an October surprise that burns himself, two weeks before a contentious election that he needs gun owners to turn out.

What gets me perturbed is our own falling for it and perpetuating it to our overall detriment...

Yes indeed! this was a Deep State Bureaucracy 11th hour maneuver to put a wedge between Trump and one of his loyal constituency groups, 2A supporters. It is also sad that some folks actually believe that Trump would shoot himself in the foot right as he is crossing the finish line. The Deep State relies on people not to be deep thinkers.

Write and call your representatives TODAY, TOMORROW and EVERY Day until they take action!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm sorry, let me phrase it differently: "Someone tell me again why during the span Trump was in office, the 2A was/is in better shape, than during the span Obama was in office?"
    Especially given the information below:

https://tenthamendmentcenter.com/20...-federal-gun-control-for-third-straight-year/

So the fact that under the Trump administration there were more gun crime prosecutions vs. obama that's now 'gun control'? I thought we were for the whole just enforce the laws already on the books lol.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    See gglass' post, you're doing exactly what they want lol.

I saw it, and translated it as "That's unpossible! The Deep State is behind this to get Trump!" Ok, let's assume he's right. What does that say about the president's oversight over his respective departments? How important is the 2A actually to him, if he hasn't instilled a very pro-2A culture, and made the heads, who would sign off on this nonsense, aware of his expectations? It seems he's used ya'll, and after elected, he forgot all ya....now that it's election time again, he's knocking on your door.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So the fact that under the Trump administration there were more gun crime prosecutions vs. obama that's now 'gun control'? I thought we were for the whole just enforce the laws already on the books lol.

I also believe that the administration has made assisting cities experiencing high levels of crime involving guns a priority along with possession of guns by prohibited persons and straw buyers. So the small increase is not concerning to me...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

"We?"
    Name me a firearm-related law, typically enforced by the ATF, that you agree with. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any. Offenses related to Machine guns, AOWs, SBRs? Yeah, I don't like those laws on the books being enforced, because they shouldn't exist. Obama enforcing them was a no-brainer - Trump enforcing them, and exceeding Obama's numbers, when he could just as easily put out an EO giving blanket amnesty from prosecution, tells us exactly what he thinks of the 2A …. a tool to be used uring election cycles, and then shelved until the next one.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I saw it, and translated it as "That's unpossible! The Deep State is behind this to get Trump!" Ok, let's assume he's right. What does that say about the president's oversight over his respective departments? How important is the 2A actually to him, if he hasn't instilled a very pro-2A culture, and made the heads, who would sign off on this nonsense, aware of his expectations? It seems he's used ya'll, and after elected, he forgot all ya....now that it's election time again, he's knocking on your door.

Remember Col. Vindman? He was butt hurt that the President had a different foreign policy plan than the agency. That was the real reason that he participated in impeachment. The guy we elected wasn't doing what some government employee thou the should and there we went.

It is easy to understand if one wants to...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    "We?"
    Name me a firearm-related law, typically enforced by the ATF, that you agree with. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any. Offenses related to Machine guns, AOWs, SBRs? Yeah, I don't like those laws on the books being enforced, because they shouldn't exist. Obama enforcing them was a no-brainer - Trump enforcing them, and exceeding Obama's numbers, when he could just as easily put out an EO giving blanket amnesty from prosecution, tells us exactly what he thinks of the 2A …. a tool to be used uring election cycles, and then shelved until the next one.

So you approve of a dictator president that choosing what laws they want to enforce? I typically do not like gun laws but they are here. I have no problem with the ATF helping clean up violence racked cities with those laws. They are, after all, the law, whether or not I like them...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Remember Col. Vindman? He was butt hurt that the President had a different foreign policy plan than the agency. That was the real reason that he participated in impeachment. The guy we elected wasn't doing what some government employee thou the should and there we went.

It is easy to understand if one wants to...

Military, not the same as civil service, when it comes to the directives of the President.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Please keep on topic. The only politic that matters at this point is the pressure we all apply to our officials. Email, call, write, social media, every inch matters right now. We can discuss our hurt feelings and disappointment in elected officials somewhere else.

Thanks for starting the thread Ggreen. It seems impossible for some on INGO to pass up an opportunity to bash the current administration and turn every thread into a Trump vs Obama debate. While gun owners are fighting amongst ourselves our rights are slipping away. It’s time to unite and contact our elected officials and take a stand together.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Please take non topic political banter to another thread. This is an immediate 2a threat digging through v political mud throwing waters down the importance of this thread

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So you approve of a dictator president that choosing what laws they want to enforce? I typically do not like gun laws but they are here. I have no problem with the ATF helping clean up violence racked cities with those laws. They are, after all, the law, whether or not I like them...

Doesn't work that way - dictatorship, I mean. Just because a law exists, does not mean that law is just. If you are a "law means it's right" person, I see your point, if you aren't you see mine.
    Of the 3 branches of government, the "executive" is tasked to enforce the law. The head of the executive branch, the president, is given wide latitude in interpreting and enforcing those laws.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Doesn't work that way - dictatorship, I mean. Just because a law exists, does not mean that law is just. If you are a "law means it's right" person, I see your point, if you aren't you see mine.
    Of the 3 branches of government, the "executive" is tasked to enforce the law. The head of the executive branch, the president, is given wide latitude in interpreting and enforcing those laws.

That's how it 'aposda work, but it doesn't.

The legislature has given up its power to the courts and the president largely to the administrative agencies.

Top Bottom