• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    One of the ATF's determining criteria is over the weight issue and being able to fire with one hand. Well the original intent behind the pistol brace design is to assist in firing one handed so the weight issue is negated.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    legendarylawmanjellybryce-10233524.png

I'm guessing that training is going back to this then.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We have to submit our weapons to fatd for review and classification. They actually do not have any standards for making determination, it's all subjective to the individual examiner

Sounds like a rapper from the late '80s.

Perhaps one the criteria is firing while holding it sideways.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I'll try to get a draft of something to copy/paste/send to our reps in DC tonight. The antis (including the ones dug-in at alphabet soup agencies) never give up. We can't either.

Yes, please.

Also, tell me where to send it based on my address. Lol. I'm politically dumb when it comes to these things.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    One of the ATF's determining criteria is over the weight issue and being able to fire with one hand. Well the original intent behind the pistol brace design is to assist in firing one handed so the weight issue is negated.

In addition to being a violation of the 2nd Amendment it would seem to be a violation of the ADA.
    Should we deny people with a compromised hand or arm the use of the AR platform?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Remember that we have to vote for Trump because, if he were president, his administration would never do something like this.

:ugh:
    The video said that trump issued an EO to stop the ATF but they're not complying, claiming that their new reg is "fluid" and not really a regulation...or some such double talk

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK INGOers, here's a draft to send off to our (quote-unquote) representatives in DC.

https://www.braun.senate.gov/contact-mike

https://www.young.senate.gov/contact/email-todd

This link will show a map for congressional districts.

https://www.stats.indiana.edu/maptools/maps/boundary/legislative/2011/congressional.pdf

Feel free to copy/paste/send/repeat/edit/fix my questionable English/change happy to glad.

(Senator/Representative Name Here)
    I have serious concerns over changes proposed by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to USC 18 Section 925 (d) (3) concerning the definition of a handgun. This action should not only be of serious concern to all lawful gun owners, but all Americans.

Through vague changes to the wording of their own directives (which are not publicly available), the BATFE seeks to make thousands of legal handguns be categorized as Any Other Weapon (AOW), making them subject to registration and requiring a tax stamp under the National Firearms Act (NFA) of 1934.

When viewed by most lawful gun owners, these proposed changes appear to malicious in nature and written by individuals who have never exercised the rights affirmed by the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment. The proposed changes to the “objective design features” for consideration include:

“Incorporation of rifle sights.” Sights have been used on firearms (handguns and long guns) since before the flintlock. A post front sight and a V rear sight have been on both types of firearms long before smokeless powder was invented. What exactly does “incorporation of rifle sights” mean?

“Utilization of “rifle caliber” ammunition.” These pistols (which are pistols by current definition from the BATFE) have been legal and not considered NFA items for many years. Through the changing of directives by the unelected and unappointed, thousands of lawful gun owners could be felons in the near future.

“The ability to accept magazines that range in capacity from 20 to 100 rounds, which will contribute to the overall weight of the firearm”. The most commonly owned handgun in the United States is the Glock 19 9mm. The Glock 19 accepts a 33-round magazine. All magazines (loaded or empty) contribute to the weight of the firearm.

Federal agencies, made up of unelected and unappointed bureaucrats have been allowed to write rules that have the force of law, change the rules, re-interpret the rules, and essentially make law-abiding citizens felons. To anyone who appreciates the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment, this is nothing short of terrifying. To those who choose not to exercise their 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment rights I ask, “Which of your cherished freedoms will you surrender to a re-interpretation of a definition by the unelected and unappointed?”

I know I can count on your support in protecting the vital freedoms threatened by this action.

Respectfully,

(Name)
    (Address)
    (Phone number)
    (Email)

Last edited:

RMG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    West Side
    OK INGOers, here's a draft to send off to our (quote-unquote) representatives in DC.

Feel free to copy/paste/send/repeat/edit/fix my questionable English/change happy to glad.

When viewed by most lawful gun owners, these proposed changes appear to be malicious in nature...

Federal agencies, made up of unelected and unappointed bureaucrats have been allowed to write rules that have the force of law...

Thanks for spending the time to put this together! Your effort is appreciated! I am going the route of copy/paste, I have put in bold 2 small changes seen above. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom