• indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Forced Reset Trigger
    A forced reset trigger does exactly what its name implies. It forces the trigger to resetitself. It literally moves your finger forward as it resets. Therefore, if you maintain a constant pressure on the trigger, it will reset and then your pressure will pull it again. Pull-Fire-Pull-Fire-Pull-Fire.
    It allows for extremely fast follow up shots similar to a bump stock where the recoil “bumps” your trigger finger to reset the trigger.

With an FRT, when the bolt moves rearward and resets the hammer, it moves (forces) the trigger forward and resets it. Or something like that.

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I’ve seen a couple now I don’t understand these videos. The ATF agents are going to houses hoping for people to surrender their FRTs and then when they don’t what happens??

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I’ve seen a couple now I don’t understand these videos. The ATF agents are going to houses hoping for people to surrender their FRTs and then when they don’t what happens??
    And if somebody forcibly resists with violence to one of those visits, it will be fuel for the antis. "See! those pro 2a guys are violent extremists. Anyone that "supports the 2a" needs to lose their gun rights."

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    This guy's dog watching him have this conversation:
    e39.jpg

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Forgive my ignorance but are these things illegal?
    The law says (this is paraphrasing and NOT legal advice; IANAL) that any device that lets you fire more than one round with a single function of the trigger is a machine gun.

The manufacturers of these things (FRT's) say that since you are pulling the trigger for each shot, it's one round per function of the trigger, and therefore not a machine gun according to the law, just an unregulated part like any other drop-in trigger.

The ATF says that since you apply steady pressure to the trigger and it pushes your finger forward each time with mechanical force, and you're not required to consciously release and pull the trigger again, but merely have to apply steady backward pressure to get multiple trigger pulls, therefore that counts as a single function of the trigger, and FRT's are machine guns according to the law.

AFAIK there is still ongoing litigation over this, but no ruling has been issued by any court that I'm aware of (the only case I was following closely was dismissed by the judge on a technicality, and I've not heard any updates since.)

So the ATF says they're illegal, and is currently conducting enforcement under the assumption that they are. However, a literal interpretation of the law would seem to indicate that they are not illegal, but it will probably take a trial of someone charged with possessing one, or else a court willing to hear a lawsuit against the ATF, for any clarity to be given to the situation. But I doubt the ATF is going to be waiting on any of that before they start kicking in doors and shooting dogs.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Also, I know it’s 2023 and all but is this how our government agents dress now? If I didn’t know better I’d almost guess they’re fake.
    That one guy definitely looks like he trys to be a undercover fed at some point

Top Bottom