• ...and so much more!
  • FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I am not a lawyer nor am I giving advice, however, it does not appear to be confusing: If you can put the brace back on it, its illegal. (illegal = law subverted by ATF deeming something is illegal, not actually illegal = do it and get charged). Essentially, the buffer tube cannot be designed to have been able to accept a brace. You must purchase a buffer tube that will not accept a brace.
    The issue with that is theres a whole host of braces designed to go on a standard buffer tube.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You get a really light trigger and ride it you'll have the same effect with practice.

When I first got my Springfield Ronin 45acp I was constantly doing double and triple taps that seems like a machine pistol.

I had to learn how to shoot the 1911 with a much better trigger than the striker fired ones I've been shooting for a very long time.

I imagine this could work with rifles with very light trigger pull, and practice.

So all that said when will they ban triggers less than 2lb?

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    You get a really light trigger and ride it you'll have the same effect with practice.

When I first got my Springfield Ronin 45acp I was constantly doing double and triple taps that seems like a machine pistol.

I had to learn how to shoot the 1911 with a much better trigger than the striker fired ones I've been shooting for a very long time.

I imagine this could work with rifles with very light trigger pull, and practice.

So all that said when will they ban triggers less than 2lb?
    ...or you could use a binary. I've shot binaries. You pull the trigger: BANG! You let off the trigger: BANG! You have to consciously do it, so, the traitor's argument on FRTs about it "not being a conscious action" is done. ...and let me tell you this: It wants to run like a Russian Race Horse! Its not full auto but it almost feels like it. You think, "Oh, I'll just drop 2 rounds in there..." Before you know it you've fired 4 or 6. Its also "selectable" so you get semi and binary. The one that my friend has is an "Echo Sport" model.

I have a couple lowers with 2lb (or so) triggers. Yeah, you can bounce them off your coat and bump stock it. They're short reset triggers but they're heavy barrel uppers. I imaging if I put a 16" standard upper on it it would rattle like a beast if I practiced a little.

ntrngr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Sheepdog HQ
    Pretty sure since a brace could* be jammed onto pretty much any buffer tube, that you'd have to modify/destroy the brace, not the tube.

*not all, Im sure but any of the rubber ones.
    You are correct. Or, you could make a custom brace that would go even on a foam covered one. But, the documentation seemed to indicated that just taking the brace off and destroying it doesn't make it legal using the same tube.

You have to change the tube to something that was not designed to take a brace. The fact that you could make a brace to go on any tube was not addressed. Designed for a brace = illegal. Not designed for a brace = legal.

My question is this: What if someone put one of those foam covered tubes that absolutely was not designed to take a brace and then took a 2x4, bored a hole in it and duct taped some foam around the 2x4 and around the buffer tube. I guess if the 2A Violators caught someone, they would be charged. LoL! Better yet, just duct tape the 2x4 to your jacket and make the hole larger so its just part of your clothing. What would the 2A Violators charge you with then? They confiscate the weapon, but... I don't think they have the ability to enforce a dress code through the courts, though, I would not be surprised if they tried.

I know one guy that took a standard tube with the 4 position rail on it, cross drilled the back of the tube and put a 1/4 inch bolt through it and JB Welded the nut on. What is everyone's opinion of that option for a non-brace accepting tube? Essentially, it was re-designed to keep you from putting a brace on it. Would that be legal? Anybody?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You are correct. Or, you could make a custom brace that would go even on a foam covered one. But, the documentation seemed to indicated that just taking the brace off and destroying it doesn't make it legal using the same tube.

You have to change the tube to something that was not designed to take a brace. The fact that you could make a brace to go on any tube was not addressed. Designed for a brace = illegal. Not designed for a brace = legal.
    I have not heard that interpretation. If that were correct, wouldnt all of the sellers still selling AR pistols without a brace be required to handle them like NFA items? Which they are not. So I am pretty sure your assumption is incorrect.

Plus the statements of "remove the brace, destroy the brace and dispose of it." would not be valid as a way to bring the pistol into compliance if your interpretation is correct.

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    The fact is, the rules say that you can't just destroy the brace. If the tube was designed for a brace, its illegal.

Kind of like the blank lower deal. If you buy a blank lower and put a 16" barrel on it you can never, techinically, put a 10.5" barrel on it because it was once a rifle, now you've made it a short barreled rifle. But, If it was first a pistol, then, you can put a 16" barrel on it and even switch it back and its OK.

The problem isn't the guns. The problem is agencies trying to make law as they go.

About the whole concept of a rifle not allowed to become a pistol. Is this a law? Or is it some BS rule created out of thin air? Want to know because there is probably going to be laundry list of rules that will evaporate when "chevron" is gone.

Top Bottom