Atheists can't hold office in seven states.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I am a Christian. I do feel our country has gone down the tubes since we threw God out of our communal lives but God wouldn't sanction a law like that. At least that is how I read things. God lets everyone decide for themselves whether or not He is real or just an imaginary friend in the sky. If the "People" feel an Atheist would do the job the best, they should be allowed to elect that person. I wouldn't but if the will of the people is supposed to rule things in this country the nature of one's beliefs shouldn't effect their chance to run.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I am a Christian. I do feel our country has gone down the tubes since we threw God out of our communal lives but God wouldn't sanction a law like that. At least that is how I read things. God lets everyone decide for themselves whether or not He is real or just an imaginary friend in the sky. If the "People" feel an Atheist would do the job the best, they should be allowed to elect that person. I wouldn't but if the will of the people is supposed to rule things in this country the nature of one's beliefs shouldn't effect their chance to run.
    So you would vote for someone of like beliefs even if they weren't the best candidate for the position?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Sounds like the other 43 states have some catching up to do.
    [h=1]Article VI[/h] All debts contracted and engagements entered into, before the adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.
    This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.
    The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

You were saying?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So you're taking it a step further, not just atheists, but anybody that doesn't believe as you do.

Top Bottom