• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I feel for you folks with "the channels." The companies have you by the short hairs somewhat.

I guess I should not complain, as I only use Internet. Much less complication and much much less of a monthly bill to argue over.

I was only paying $30/mo. for my Internet w/ATT (+ this and that fees).
    If I didn't have any cable, it would have cost $50 (+ this and that charges).
    With Xfinity, my Internet is $50 (+ plus this and that charges).
    The "this and that" is hard for me to discern all of which belong to cable or Internet: probably closer to $70 with renting router/modem ($13/mo.) & taxes & fees.
    I have to pay $5/each for TV box rental which adds to the cable bill & there are $25 added fees (minimum) added when you have cable & Internet.
    I wish they wouldn't break it down and just give the total real price, but they want to say it costs X, and then when you get the bill it is X + $25 -$50 more b/c of renting the equipment
    that it takes to make the cable or Internet work & a list of other "hidden" charges noone talks about when comparing prices.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Yeah, I'm hearing a lot of people say they are paying ~$50/month for 200Mbps Xfinity internet. I'm stuck at ~$70, no contract. I might have to move so really don't want a contract. Has anyone gotten that non-contracted price down?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Really enjoying going from an alleged 25 Mbps with ATT (while getting 6-10 Mbps mostly), with having a "booster" for my laptop to run at all, and my bedroom TV not getting reception half the time w/o working with it.
    With Xfinity/Comcast now we get everything we are supposed to with our 200 Mbps plan, and we are getting more, depending on which speedcheck service I use to check.

Just now did a speedcheck:
    Xfinity xFi Speed Test = 236 Mbps
    AT&T Internet Speed Test = 234 Mbps
    Ookla Speed Test = 157 Mbps

My laptop is where these tests were run on; I believe my desktop might even do better.
    My cell just got 238 Mbps running an Xfinity speed check.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    It took me ~45 minutes arguing with Comcast & saying I was going to look for another ISP to get a $10 savings per month. 200Mbps for $60/mo, just internet, no TV, no contract. Worth the effort I guess.

Top Bottom