• ...and so much more!
  • jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Early this morning I watched "Avengers: Endgame."

How the hell did that bloated pig of a movie earn so much at the box office? What was the appeal? It was barely past boring and I don't get bored! I lost over three hours of my life expecting it to get better because it was supposed to be so awesome.

Meh.

And I really liked all of the previous Avengers movies!

Either your standards are really high, or mine are really low, because i thought it was FANTASTIC!

I felt like i was starting to have a panic attack at times because of how awesome a lot of it was!

It almost usurped my favorite movie of all time (Terminator 2, looking forward to Dark Fate as well)

I will be watching it several more times in the future.

Fyi, i never read the comics, didnt know of half of these super heroes before the movies got good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Either your standards are really high, or mine are really low, because i thought it was FANTASTIC!

I felt like i was starting to have a panic attack at times because of how awesome a lot of it was!

It almost usurped my favorite movie of all time (Terminator 2, looking forward to Dark Fate as well)

Fyi, i never read the comics, didnt know of half of these super heroes before the movies got good.

I grew up wit Marvel and DC comics. That was what we had. Iron man in the beginning was pretty much exactly like the 1st one stark built in the tunnel to escape but not as rough. Yellow in color if memory serves.

The 12 year old is a serious fan. We have already surmised the return of Stark or who/what will replace him. She shows me all kinds of related things on the internet. She is looking forward to the next (last..??) Star wars in December.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I just finished watching it for the first time last night and I thought it was decent but disappointing. It could have easily been a lot better. I would place it behind the two stand alone Guardians movies, the first Iron Man, the two previous movies in the Infinity Wars trilogy and Thor Ragnorok. I usually consider the time travel trope as a cheap cop out to cover poor planning/writing and it was here too but at least they were willing to buck conventional movie "wisdom" on the subject. Ultimately my biggest complaint was the Captain Marvel character. What an uninteresting character and it was clear the only purpose her inclusion served was to push the SJW BS.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just finished watching it for the first time last night and I thought it was decent but disappointing. It could have easily been a lot better. I would place it behind the two stand alone Guardians movies, the first Iron Man, the two previous movies in the Infinity Wars trilogy and Thor Ragnorok. I usually consider the time travel trope as a cheap cop out to cover poor planning/writing and it was here too but at least they were willing to buck conventional movie "wisdom" on the subject. Ultimately my biggest complaint was the Captain Marvel character. What an uninteresting character and it was clear the only purpose her inclusion served was to push the SJW BS.

I honestly didn't even notice. It doesn't seem that trope panned out all that well if they were going for the SJW thing.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I honestly didn't even notice. It doesn't seem that trope panned out all that well if they were going for the SJW thing.

You really didn't notice how Captain Marvel only conveniently showed up at the beginning and end, seemingly far more powerful than all the rest, to pull the other hapless superheroes out of the fire? Or how they had the cheesy scene near the end where all the female superheroes gathered around Captain Marvel?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You really didn't notice how Captain Marvel only conveniently showed up at the beginning and end, seemingly far more powerful than all the rest, to pull the other hapless superheroes out of the fire? Or how they had the cheesy scene near the end where all the female superheroes gathered around Captain Marvel?

I did notice that. So in that regard the criticism of marvel is valid. But I didn't think Captian Marvel in and of herself was SJW. Captain Marvel has always been insanely strong. She's just about on par with Superman, who typically is the guy who saves the other heroes's asses (i.e. Justice League).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The 12 year old G-daughter and I see all of them at the I-Max. All of them when possible. We both loved it.

So.......:p

:):

Clearly you were high on spending time with your granddaughter! Your perceptions were skewed because anything you do with her is awesome.

Ruling:
    OPINION DISQUALIFIED!

I watched it twice this weekend. I fell asleep and missed about 30 minutes of the show, so rewatched in case I had missed anything .. Oh my, talk about poor plot and writing. Hey guys we have a cash cow, let’s ride it into the ground! No continuity in the story and everyone knows when you time travel you can’t encounter, let alone touch your earlier self.. Oh and ant-man has been trapped in some time/space warp for five years, and gets released by a rat running across a keyboard and mentions a theory to Tony stark and overnight essentially he figures out how to travel thru space and time? I get it’s a comic based movie but come on! So let down..

Agreed. When it's the culmination of a really strong set of movies, you need to exert the effort to make it the best, or at least equal to the previous efforts. They didn't even phone it in . . . they sent a text message.

I suspect that not a lot of INGO people were raving about the movie afterward since I couldn't find a topic devoted specifically to it when I searched.

I just could not get into the Marvel movies...

Then I bought a few shares of Disney on sale (which, sadly, still kind of are) and now I'm a BIG fan. You guys should all go seem them... 4 or 5 times if possible! :)

Fixed all of my problems with the Starwars movies too!

Okay, that's legit.

I read a lot of comics during the first 30 years of my life, but I'm not judging the movies based on that because the comics re-invented almost every character and story multiple times. This movie started as "meh," and finished with, "I'm never getting that 3+ hours of my life back."

I grew up wit Marvel and DC comics. That was what we had. Iron man in the beginning was pretty much exactly like the 1st one stark built in the tunnel to escape but not as rough. Yellow in color if memory serves.

Tony Stark built the first armor as an extension of the thing keeping his heart working (I think it was a magnet to prevent shrapnel from migrating toward his heart originally) while a prisoner of war in Vietnam, and he used the gray armor to escape.. The second version after he was home and became a super hero was gold, then it was variations of the red and gold combination since then, with some specialty armor suits in a variety of colors (including what War Machine wears).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Clearly you were high on spending time with your granddaughter! Your perceptions were skewed because anything you do with her is awesome.

Ruling:
    OPINION DISQUALIFIED!

Agreed. When it's the culmination of a really strong set of movies, you need to exert the effort to make it the best, or at least equal to the previous efforts. They didn't even phone it in . . . they sent a text message.

I suspect that not a lot of INGO people were raving about the movie afterward since I couldn't find a topic devoted specifically to it when I searched.

Okay, that's legit.

I read a lot of comics during the first 30 years of my life, but I'm not judging the movies based on that because the comics re-invented almost every character and story multiple times. This movie started as "meh," and finished with, "I'm never getting that 3+ hours of my life back."

Tony Stark built the first armor as an extension of the thing keeping his heart working (I think it was a magnet to prevent shrapnel from migrating toward his heart originally) while a prisoner of war in Vietnam, and he used the gray armor to escape.. The second version after he was home and became a super hero was gold, then it was variations of the red and gold combination since then, with some specialty armor suits in a variety of colors (including what War Machine wears).

1st....yes we always have an awesome time at these movies. I-Max with the best seats in the room. Mid room both ways best sound/view. Thank you Atom ticket app...:):

I could cut up the context but nope. She loved it. I enjoyed it and the seats reclined.....:):

Thanks for bringing back the origins. It has been a number of years.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I did notice that. So in that regard the criticism of marvel is valid. But I didn't think Captian Marvel in and of herself was SJW. Captain Marvel has always been insanely strong. She's just about on par with Superman, who typically is the guy who saves the other heroes's asses (i.e. Justice League).

The way the Captain Marvel character was handled just felt heavy handed and cheesy, the scene at the end pushed it over the top. I'm fine with the character being more powerful, though that makes her less interesting to me just like Superman is. I just wish they would have been less interested in pushing the girl power thing than they were in fitting the character in with the other superheroes, despite being more powerful. As it was, it felt like they were more interested in pushing a narrative than developing a character and fitting her into the story.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Everybody sing...

watch
    [video=youtube;LfhLlqmTYgw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfhLlqmTYgw[/video]

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think Avengers could have solved their Thanos problems with a lot less trouble if they had just dropped a dime on him to Darkseid to let him know that his ripoff clone was all up in their business and talkin' smack. Of course, that would have introduced a worse Darkseid problem, but I'm just an Idea Man.

Top Bottom