Average cost of .223 at the show? (POLL)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How much will box of 20 rounds be at show?

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Do you currently or have you ever smoked the reefer?

.223/5.56 is approximately 350/1k in a normal market.
    Granted, it is not currently what I would consider 'normal,' but this is why group buys and/or waiting exists.

Not even that much, I was seeing a lot for right at $300 before the election, and it was still on a decreasing trajectory.

But, the panic has struck, its sold out. I'd wager that cases of 1000 go for at least 5-600$, but mostly you will see even more jacked up boxes of 20. I hate it. But it is what it is. I'm not buying any ammo and won't until the prices come down, but there are many who are.

I say starve the beast. :dunno:

nineball481

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I'm being optimistic and saying $$<$10/box. I was at Dick's last night. (trying to find out about a back order from 11/27). They had .223 brass fmj 20 rounds for $8.99. I have been seeing normal prices at all the box stores, when they get in stock.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    $14 - $20

I voted $14 - $20 with the thought in mind that this is for typical gun show plinking ammo. $.75 - $1 per round is gonna' be common, if you can find some, until the lunacy fades. If you buy at that price, you are part of the reason it is at that price! :rolleyes:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just got back from Gander Mountain and they had 400 rounds in an ammo can for $229.

At Gander (Southside) they get the trucks in on Thursday AM and they are keeping BULK .223 and 5.56 in the back room.

You need to go in, take a number, wait, get to the counter and ask for it.

I got 420, 5.56, 62 grain for $179. But that sale is off, now it's $229. for 420 on stripper clips. The down side is they are penetrators, not my choice for home, but it will go bang. (let me know if you want to trade for ball or JHP.)

richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    I was at a small show in Lebanon today, and they had PMC for $20 and $25 a box of 20. One dealer said he was selling brass at $1.50 a round and steel at $1 a round, and couldn't keep enough on his shelves. Lunacy.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I expect the prices to be around $0.75 - $1.25 a round....and I just mean target grade (Tula/Wolf level). At $0.50 a round, it will all be sold out the first day.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Not even that much, I was seeing a lot for right at $300 before the election, and it was still on a decreasing trajectory.

But, the panic has struck, its sold out. I'd wager that cases of 1000 go for at least 5-600$, but mostly you will see even more jacked up boxes of 20. I hate it. But it is what it is. I'm not buying any ammo and won't until the prices come down, but there are many who are.

I say starve the beast. :dunno:

In that case, how much do you think M855 will be going for in the short term? Might be able to unload what I've got and pick up twice as much when it calms down. If only I were that sort of jackass. :D

Top Bottom