• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

I let a former F-4 jock fly my chopper once. He did fine in straight and level flight. When I let him try to hover after a short lesson with each control individually (collective, cyclic and pedals), he pushed in right pedal, instead of left and we spun around and around until I said, "I got it". He told me that he was used to adding right pedal with increased power in his O-2! I asked him what it was like to fly F-4's. He said, on takeoff you hold the brakes and when the nose pitched down, you release the brakes and she flies off the runway!

EnoDDB9.jpg

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I let a former F-4 jock fly my chopper once. He did fine in straight and level flight. When I let him try to hover after a short lesson with each control individually (collective, cyclic and pedals), he pushed in right pedal, instead of left and we spun around and around until I said, "I got it". He told me that he was used to adding right pedal with increased power in his O-2! I asked him what it was like to fly F-4's. He said, on takeoff you hold the brakes and when the nose pitched down, you release the brakes and she flies off the runway!

EnoDDB9.jpg

I found lots of airplane guys did fine in straight and level, and often did OK with regular turns overall. Add anything else to that (climbing/descending turns, airspeed changes, and of course slow flight or hovering) and that all goes out the window lol.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom