• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Went fishing yesterday, didn't catch any fish, but apparently some turd decided to dump this awesome little puppy in the middle of nowhere. My son found her, and brought her over to show me, and I told him to put her down, then, I looked at those sad eyes, and next thing I know, she's riding home with us. A friend of my wife was gonna come and get her today to adopt out, but this morning we decided she's staying here.
    edf2beac.jpg

I'm such a sucker for sad puppy eyes.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Went fishing yesterday, didn't catch any fish, but apparently some turd decided to dump this awesome little puppy in the middle of nowhere. My son found her, and brought her over to show me, and I told him to put her down, then, I looked at those sad eyes, and next thing I know, she's riding home with us. A friend of my wife was gonna come and get her today to adopt out, but this morning we decided she's staying here.
    edf2beac.jpg

I'm such a sucker for sad puppy eyes.

How could ya not keep her with that lil face?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What kind of heartless douche bag would leave her in the middle of nowhere, when he could drop her off at the humane society where she would be adopted immediately?

Oh well, free puppy for you! :D

Do you have any idea on what she might be?

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    My wife has been part of an animal rescue for about 5 years and it's amazing how, where and why people will drop off or discard a dog.

Some of my favorites:
    We just got new carpets and we're worried he might pee on it
    We want to have a baby (hope the kid doesn't pee on anything!)
    He's old now - we want a younger dog
    We found out he's only going to live to be about 10 and don't want to get attached
    Our vet said he's not full-blodded

And while it might make me unpopular don't even get me started on people who breed dogs for ACK/CKC papers and sell them.....

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I think she's mainly a mutt, but not sure, she's really young. Where we found her, there is no way she would have just wandered in there, she's not real sure footed yet, and we found her 1000 yards from the nearest road. The jack-ass that dumped her did at least leave a half bag of Doritos for her to eat.:n00b:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    And while it might make me unpopular don't even get me started on people who breed dogs for ACK/CKC papers and sell them.....

You can add: the adult dog not getting along with the new puppy

+1 to your wife, and go ahead and unload on some of their horrid breeding practices and absurd breed "standards" that have made physical ailments "desirable" in show dogs.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Looks like a border collie mix. My lab is mixed with border collie and he is pretty high strung. He is extremely smart though and a great dog.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Atta boy...we rescued a pup a couple of years ago, they know that you saved them and are extremely loyal dogs.

But yeah what a douche for dumping a dog in the middle of nowhere, there is no excuse for that.

pill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Mcguire AFB NJ
    yup we rescued a 2 year old deaf great dane husky mix that was going to be put down and we drove to VA to pick her up she is an amazing dog

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Is it possible that someone lost her during a family trip and not dumped her to get rid of her?

I would definitely be contacting the humane society just to be sure.

I know I certainly wouldn't want to be the one that broke some little kid's heart by keeping their puppy.

I found a little beagle a couple months ago and kept her until her owner contacted the HS. Now she's home sweet home.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    man, how could you not ......i work at a vet office .//......one day a fellow hunter can in with a bucket of puppies (yes a white 5 gallon bucket) .....he had found them on the side of the road when he was exiting the woods ........needless to say made me a little angry about people

pill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Mcguire AFB NJ
    I hear that. People are out spending hundreds of dollars on animals when there are so many that they can get for free and save there lives.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    Swing by one of the 24-hour vet places - they should offer to see if she's microchipped - if she's a pet (and not abandoned) she should be chipped and that will point you toward the owner.

PS - chip your dogs and cats.... I even have one of my pet snakes chipped!

Top Bottom