• ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The OP said the gun has to be under $260
    Hey, OP. Forget the price restriction. When your life is on the line you had better have something that will work flawlessly. Save enough and wait until you can get that baby glock in the same caliber as your main carry piece. When I ankle carry my G27 it disappears and rides on my hi top work boot. I don't even feel it. I would never carry something because it's cheaper. I have a 9mm Kel Tec that digest hard ball just fine but fails to feed consistently with any type of JHP. It was inexpensive but is worthless as a carry piece.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    If your looking at the Keltec Pf9 why not get the P11? 11 rounds of 9mm, one of the smallest 9's out there. It is not much bigger than the Pf9 and you'll have more fire power, and the price is around $255. I have one that I carry on an ankle rig and it has been very trustworthy.If you like the Pf9, you'll like the P11....

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I like all these people who think they'll actually have a chance at using a "backup" pistol. Please step away from the TV because that is LaLa land you are watching.
    Let me give an example. The shooting a few months ago where Sen. Gifford was shot, there were 5 people within shooting distance that actually had guns on them(This was Arizona where just about everyone has a gun). By the time the shooting was over, nobody even got a retaliation shot off.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I like all these people who think they'll actually have a chance at using a "backup" pistol. Please step away from the TV because that is LaLa land you are watching.
    Let me give an example. The shooting a few months ago where Sen. Gifford was shot, there were 5 people within shooting distance that actually had guns on them(This was Arizona where just about everyone has a gun). By the time the shooting was over, nobody even got a retaliation shot off.
    Back-up doesn't always mean you've emptied your primary weapon. It just means you have another available and usually it is concealed whereas your primary might be carried in the open. Times when you might need/use a back-up: Your primary is taken from you; Your primary jams. There are probably other instances.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I am a big fan of the Kel Tec line of smaller pistols. I carry a P3AT in my front pocket a lot, it seems to be less noticeable than my PF-9 is. I had to go down in size because i carry myself different when i have a full size pistol on me. My girlfriend knew every time i was getting ready to leave with a full size, she would ask why i was taking my pistol with me. She never notices now. I use the P3AT for my summer carry, and the PF-9 in the winter when i have more clothes on. The Kel Tec are very comfortable, to me, to carry, i don't notice them when i am carrying them, so i don't carry myself any different. Funny thing is i never noticed i carried myself any different, but others could.

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    I regularly carry a G26 to backup my 17 or 19. It can be done, just takes a little bit more effort.

For times when the wardrobe is not very forgiving a Seecamp in a wallet sized holster blends beautifully in the pocket.

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    I carry the Ruger LCR and ended up liking it so much I sold my Glock 26. Although it doesnt have the mag capacity it is much easier to carry and conceal and lighter than the Glock. The other thing is that it is a backup so it wont be the first choice in a gunfight.

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Para lda .45's can be extremely small and you also dont lose the added piece of mind that you get from the .45 round

Top Bottom