• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It occured to me. The simplest way to put this would be:

It compares to individuals selling guns on the classifieds. Anybody has the choice to charge (for example) $855 for a Gen 2 Glock 19 with rust on the barrel. If buyer X decides to buy it for that, that's their choice. Buyer Y can easily acknowledge the obvious and go elsewhere.

Wal-Mart, last I checked doesn't charge for firearms purchases' background checks. That's their choice. Big R does. That my friends is their choice. Happy hunting!
    Alright, we get the point already, Geez. :horse:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Also, many dealers have a "restocking fee" if the buyer fails the background check, I see this at the gun show all the time.

I've bought more than a few at some gun shows, and just like at Bradis or any other LGS, they don't get my money until it's time for me to walk out the door, because if you hand them money before the NCIS is made and are denied, it is technicality a USED firearm the moment a denial is thrown down on the purchase. You bought it, but can't have it, they then give you back what is considered a trade in price and you loose big time.

I seen this happen at a nun store (it shall remain un-named) and watched a miffed guy walk out $100.00 lighter in the pocket for getting soaked like this.

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Big r stores charge 2.00 bucks for the call to nics its a corp.thing if you are denied there is no charge .makes no sense but thats what they do I worked there for 8 months and trust me the guys at the gun counter dont like the idea of the charge we complained but see how far we got I like Big R still but I dont think I will buy any more guns there .

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've bought more than a few at some gun shows, and just like at Bradis or any other LGS, they don't get my money until it's time for me to walk out the door, because if you hand them money before the NCIS is made and are denied, it is technicality a USED firearm the moment a denial is thrown down on the purchase. You bought it, but can't have it, they then give you back what is considered a trade in price and you loose big time.

I seen this happen at a nun store (it shall remain un-named) and watched a miffed guy walk out $100.00 lighter in the pocket for getting soaked like this.
    I've seen a sign in an LGS like in my last post about a fee for a failed background check but i've never been asked for any money before hand.

I would just be curious to see what would happen in the event that the check failed and they tried to collect it from someone.

Top Bottom