• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, I have a friend that happens to be a master certified personal trainer and specializes in sports nutrition. I had him create a diet for me once before and it was awesome. I failed because I got lazy and didn't plan ahead. So, I pulled the trigger and got back onto the wagon and have a new traditional type macro diet. I have a lot of weight to lose, but at least this time aroumd I have an app to help me track it instead of pen and paper. So here are my daily goals. 322g Protein, 115g Carbs, 35g Fat. 2 days a week he wants me to increase the carbs to 200g and drop the protein to 245g as a refeed. The refeed is supposed to help boost energy levels. In addition, I am going to add more cardio at the end of my strength training. I don't mind killing it with weights but have for far too long been allergic to cardio.

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Yep. Trying to drop a couple more minutes off my 5k currently. I'd like to be under 22 minutes again. I can't bench or squat heavy without significant health issues. May as well be a skinny runner.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm a bit too simple minded for a diet that involves much counting. That was one of the things that made the bacon diet a realistic possibility for me. No real counting. So, as far as future dietary plan:

1: remove any elementary crap. No sugars, no fast food, no junk food, no entitled cheat days. Just cut out the crap. I don't need a nutritionist to tell me what the obvious crap is. I also don't need some spray painted fad diet guru to tell me that I can be entitled to eat crap on cheat days. I'm a man and should have a bit more discipline than that. No cheating for the responsible.
    2: less easily identified stuff: no more baby cow juice, no wheat, no high sugar juice (fruit juice)
    3: oatmeal and potatoes are good replacements. Eat these. If it had to die to get on my plate all the better.
    4: Train hard or rest.

I cannot afford the "all natural" dead cow. I'll accept growth hormones in mine. Besides, I don't actually know any livestock farmers that give growth hormones to their cattle. I only really know a few that well, though.

Regarding the sleep, I did experience a bit of that uneasiness that you speak of. I only noticed it at night. My fix was to get up earlier and shift my awake hours. This solved my problem.

I'm not big on doing a lot of counting or math either. I eat grass fed beef when possible because of the higher nutritional value, not just because of the growth hormones. Sometimes i can find it around $5 a lb. I'm not made of $ either! :) We are buying a 1/4 beef from someone locally. It's not completely grass-fed, but still raised pretty healthy. I can't get used to completely grass-fed steaks. The ground beef and roasts are fine.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A side note on the non-grass fed stuff. The majority of the crap (hormones and the like) are actually stored in the fat of the meat. If you buy the leanest cut you can find, the amount of said crap is reduced.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    How is this going? Are you still on it? I'm on a mostly keto diet. I slip up and eat crap more often than I should, but still lost 75 pounds since November. When I do slip up i take a exogenous ketone supplement to throw my body back into ketosis and that happens within an hour of taking it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How is this going? Are you still on it? I'm on a mostly keto diet. I slip up and eat crap more often than I should, but still lost 75 pounds since November. When I do slip up i take a exogenous ketone supplement to throw my body back into ketosis and that happens within an hour of taking it.

What is that? As I said I have done some reading about Very low carb and have never heatd of that before.

That could be a boone to me because every time I try it I mess up and get discouraged. I am a carboholic.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    What is that? As I said I have done some reading about Very low carb and have never heatd of that before.

That could be a boone to me because every time I try it I mess up and get discouraged. I am a carboholic.

Exogenous Ketone Supplement is a powder you mix with water and drink. It gets you into ketosis (fat burning mode) usually within an hour and can last anywhere from a few hours to at least 6 hours or so. Most of them taste nasty and salty. I did find a really good tasting one called Keto//OS. If you want to know more, pm me and I can give you a link.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm following a mostly keto way of eating. I am seeing slow weight loss, but my body is looking better, too. If I lose 20-25 lbs slowly, that is fine with me. I'm not a carboholic, so it wasn't really a big jump for me, just giving up a handful of things. I've heard of that supplement. I discovered bullet proof coffee this week....yum. Maybe we could start a keto/low-carb thread? I like new ideas and recipes.

RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    I'm following a mostly keto way of eating. I am seeing slow weight loss, but my body is looking better, too. If I lose 20-25 lbs slowly, that is fine with me. I'm not a carboholic, so it wasn't really a big jump for me, just giving up a handful of things. I've heard of that supplement. I discovered bullet proof coffee this week....yum. Maybe we could start a keto/low-carb thread? I like new ideas and recipes.

Good idea on the new thread!

Top Bottom