• Bacon? Crispy or Limp?

• Total voters

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    It really depends on the application. On sammiches I prefer a not burnt crispy. But eating breakfast I kind of like the limp kind. But in all honesty, bacon is bacon and I have gotten spoiled and lazy with the hormel pre cooked stuff from SAMs club. So I choose not to vote one way or the other. :)

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    crispy bacon is an abomination. its almost as unforgivable as cooking a steak or a burger well done.

Crispy doesn't HAVE to be burnt. It's a fine line, it takes talent. You cook it to JUST the right point where it's still got "snap" but is not over done. I hate fatty chewy limp bacon. Gross.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Bacon's bacon. However, I tend to cook it to the point of not quite crisp. My son won't eat crispy bacon yet. I know, I know, how can that be? MY son and bacon? I blame his father :D who won't eat bacon at all :dunno:

Baby steps guys, baby steps :rockwoot:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Put it this way, if you are used to cheap, paper-thin bacon that's mostly fat and takes longer to separate than it does to cook, you have no choice but to go crackly-crispy. However, if you like the thicker cuts, then you can experience a meatier and juicier flavor that can only be achieved through the "limp" product. :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Put it this way, if you are used to cheap, paper-thin bacon that's mostly fat and takes longer to separate than it does to cook, you have no choice but to go crackly-crispy. However, if you like the thicker cuts, then you can experience a meatier and juicier flavor that can only be achieved through the "limp" product. :D

I get the thick bacon, cover it in maple syrup, then cook it. Yummy.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    You guys haven't had good bacon until you've had it straight from the farm. YUM YUM Thin and crisp or Thick and chewy...it's all better than anything you can get from the store.:D

Top Bottom