• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    When I started in this forum I thought the people in here were of a stick together attitude.

I can't believe how many people in here just criticize and degrade others and their ideas.

Armchair quarterbacking and saying how it could be done different and better?

Negative comments should be kept to yourself. Be part of the solution or be part of the problem. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad: IMHO.

Sticking together only goes so far. Keep in mind that the people here are from all walks of life, experiences, socio-economic backgrounds and professions. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and even if they do, they may not agree with every facet of your position.

Look back at some of your posts...did you ever armchair quarterback anyone or give a different opinion?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Don't like my attitude then either don't read my threads/posts or place me on your ignore list...

Barring those 2 choices, quit crying it makes you sound like a Nancy-Boy...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Well, even being one of the small minded simpletons that by some accident have found their way here, I understand what the op was saying. I didn't post in the original thread. I don't do the OC thing myself, but I also don't begrudge those who do. I'm not well enough to participate. I don't think all the ideas are good ones, but neither do I have any insights beyond what others have expressed, in some cases clumsily. The thing I see here is disagreements or misunderstandings being elevated to some political plane. Relax. They're not all going to agree with you. Don't freak out when that happens. We can be friends even if the other guy is irredeemably dumb. Just calm down and enjoy life.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    The guy i quoted said he wouldnt be part of the occupy movement because of its name, so i asked if hed be part of the tea party. cleanliness doesnt matter, we're going stricly by name here folks.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Can someone send this guy a big double bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. It will make him smile for a minute.

Sure! POOF!! You're a HUGE big double bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, for the next 10 minutes! You now have 2 other wishes.....:)

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Good lord, what a clustermess that whole thread was! I had to ask for help in finding it as I've not been on the computer in several days, due to other issues that were more pressing.

I did post on the original "Occupy Broadripple" thread, in I believe it was the 2nd Amendment forum, and thank you to those of you who did not take the opportunity to make fun of someone who totally misunderstood the entire thread. I've since learned what it was about, I'm always open to further education, sometimes whether I want it or not. I did discovered that Broadripple was an area, not a cheap wine, so thanks for that. And thank you for not making me look more of an idiot than I did so myself. Sometimes that comes very easy to me, especially when I go where I have no clue what's going on. Which is why, altho I've been urged to venture out, my area of choice is the Break Room. HOWEVER, it was our daughter who educated me, because those on here were to busy arguing about who was right, and who was wrong, and how idiotic the entire idea was. SHE explained it, clearly and distinctly, and left no doubt in my mind what the cause of it was!

After killing almost 2 hours trying to read thru that entire thread, (and first this one) I fully understand why it was closed! While it's not a typical thing (at least I HOPE it's not) on INGO to bash others for their opinions and thoughts, it does happen from time to time, and things can and do get ugly. S*** happens, that basically covers it.

Almost everyone on INGO, at least those I know and am familiar with, are very nice, well informed, intelligent and well mannered, at least to me. To other members as well from what I've seen since I "officially" joined earlier this year. But that thread was seriously "out of line" for several members, who it seemed to either be having a bad day and needed to take it out on someone, or as usual, bash someone for either a different viewpoint, or what their occupation is. That's typically where the mud starts flying and I quietly make an exit. I don't need that in my life. Others seem to thrive on it. Thanks but no thanks, if I want "drama", I can always find a movie or show on the TV to watch, and if I don't like it, I can do the intelligent thing and change the channel!

That thread tho, especially by the end...reminded me of when our daughter was in Kindergarten, where pushing and name calling runs rampant, and if the parents haven't already done so, manners are taught, at least as they apply to classmates in school. To find adults of all ages and walks of life behaving as such, was a true disappointment!

This is the Holiday Season people! While it should be practiced all year long, but especially now, when "Peace on Earth" is such a prevalent feeling, to have read such drivel was seriously disturbing. Must we fight amongst ourselves? Isn't there enough else going on in this world that is fought against, that our members have to resort to bickering like two old biddies on a front porch, quibbling over who's made the better quilt, or who paid more for a new hat? Really??? Seriously??? If you don't realize it, that's the way it came off!

The man who was in whatever position he claimed on the Broadripple event, looked like an idiot. I watched the clip of it on Chanel 13, and yes, I agree, his beard looked.....scraggly, to say the least. I believe I made a comment about the way he was carrying as well, since that looked TO ME just about as stupid as his beard. I haven't read his FB page, I don't frequent FB, but yes SPICE is illegal, if not totally so, then it's in the process of becoming so. It's synthetic Pot, and even if it were legal, medically speaking, IT'S BAD NEWS!!!! It has some horrible side effects, and at it's worst, can be fatal. If he chooses to endorse it, than that's his problem. But since the question was asked, I thought I'd answer it.

By the time I finished reading the thread, were I a psychiatrist, I'd have diagnosed the entire thread as something out of a nightmare of ADHD afflicted people running rampant. There was no coherent line of thinking, it wandered off down every which way, ally and street, making no sense what so ever, insulting some here, praising some there, and making no relative statement what so ever. I could almost close my eyes and see a room full of little kids with sticks...."I'm not poking you.....I'm not poking you....I'm not poking you" and "TEACHER....he's breathing on me, he's touching me, he's looking at me....." and so on. If you don't believe me, go back and read it for yourself.

Those who tried to inject a bit of humor to lighten the mood, fell flat because of all the bickering going on. Senseless bickering, because it MADE NO SENSE AT ALL! With the exception that originally it seemed like a good idea, and then went downhill from there at the speed of light! By the end it just qualified as a travesty of what INGO stands for! A community of like minded people, out to further the cause of our 2nd Amendment Rights, all joining together in the fight to keep our guns and abilities to protect ourselves, from being taken away by an over-reaching government, bent on our total destruction, and the destruction of our God Given Rights! Isn't that what we should be fighting? Not among ourselves over some idiots idea that showed up on FaceBook, where lunacy runs rampant???

A topic that we usually stand unified regarding, side to side, hand in hand, men, women and several young adults (I won't call them children, altho chronologically they are, they're far to intelligent to be referred to as "children") in our fight to keep a government who's power mad, from ruining our lives, and taking every right we have away from us, for the sole reason of domination! WHERE DID THAT GO????? Did you all forget why we're here? Did you forget our purpose? Did you forget that we are supposed to stand UNITED, even if we don't completely agree on a particular subject, we can usually "agree to disagree" AS ADULTS? Where were your minds????? WHERE WAS YOUR LOYALTY???? Or were you to busy slinging insults and mud to really care how you were coming across, and how others watching were seeing how you acted???

I'm sorry to say it, but at least in THAT particular thread, those who did the disruption, intentionally causing fighting amongst our members, I'M ASHAMED OF YOU!!! And I'm NOT the only one! And yes, I'm angry, angry that to the 18,000+ members we have on INGO, you degraded and disregarded the feelings of others who simply disagreed with you, but meant you no harm! Has it gotten that PETTY???? If so, then INGO is loosing respect, not only from new and potentially new members, but from existing ones as well. Think about it next time. As I was taught as a young child, "Always put your mind in gear, before opening your mouth. Doing that will go great lengths to show you how you will be coming across to others, even if you don't mean to". Would you like that to be said to you, or about you? If not, then don't unroll your tongue and let whatever words that are on there just fall off! You have brains, you've already proved that! Now let them show and for Heavens sake, USE THEM!

7th Stepper

Top Bottom