• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidparrish60

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Galveston, IN
    +1 to rural king, very easy on the wallet for all your ammo needs!

had the same problem at carmel wal-mart. stopped in to get some WWB and had to ask twice for help. i am pritty patient, so two times is just sad... after i finally realized i had been there for a 1/2 hr and started to leave and then the attendant showed up, i said what to you so long, his reply was i was getting a price check on a soccer ball..

its funny, there was a you-scan 2 isles away from where they had the soccer balls.

davidparrish60

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Galveston, IN
    forgot to mention, had the same prob. with my hunting liscense at wal-mart. the guy running the register told me that i did not meet the requirements to get one( i-e hunters safety course, which i had done a very very long time ago, before they started giving out cards) after i told him that i have done everything required in the past and even had my HID# memorized and had a old hunting liscense to prove it he kept telling me i cant do it, i cant do it, its federal, its federal... needless to say, he doesn't work there anymore...

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Over the weekend, I stopped in to my local Wal-Mart to pick up some white box 9mm Winchester ammo to take to the range. I went back to the guns & ammunition counter and there was no one there (surprise, surprise) I walked down a couple isles and found an employee and asked him to call someone with a key to the ammo counter. After about 20 minutes, a couple of young college aged employees came out of an isle and said, "someone call for us?" I said, "yeah, I need some 9mm ammo out of the case". I think my tone may have portrayed that I was a bit agitated, because one of the two employees began cracking jokes that I didn't feel were funny AT ALL. He said, "Oh man, I think this one's a little pissed off. You might want to make sure that ammo is sealed up tight. Wouldn't want anyone going postal on us." I turned around and I said (obviously angry at this point), "what did you just say?". He then laughingly said, "I'm just sayin man, you seemed mad, I didn't want you to open that box up and go off on us." I then said, "I don't think this is funny at all." Then he said, to his co-worker, "Dang man, really seal it up now, I'm really scared he's gonna shoot us." I said, "you should be scared. But not because I'm buying ammo, because I think you probably just lost your job." After this, the other kid dismissed the idiot who was heckling me. He was shell-shocked and embarrassed to be hearing this idiot co-worker of his harass me to that magnitude. He then rang me up and told me that the other kid was way out of line. I told him it wasn't his fault, but I was going to report him. And that's exactly what I did. I went to customer service and reported him. They looked shocked as you would expect, but I am not sure whether or not he was fired. I would hope to god he was though.

I was just wondering if anything like this has happened to you or what you would do if you were me?
    I don't think saying anything about it to a manager will do any good. If I'm not mistaken, this sounds like they guy that jumped into the lion cage to taunt em.:): Just ignore em.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Sorry I'm late to the party.

Went to walmart Friday night for some 45-70 ammo. There was a guy waiting at the counter(has been every time i've gone in this walmart!). I asked him if they had any 45-70 ammo. He kindly replies "45-70? I've never heard of that." He was very polite and looked thru the case for it. I was just a little shocked they had someone so ignorant working the counter.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Silverado, it's regrettable that you cannot engage in a discussion with civility, and you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. You, sir, are not a gentleman, and I have no use for you. When someone has tried to show you the light, staying in the dark is a choice that reflects who you are.

Da Bing

Huh? Sounds like someone is gettin their panties in a wad.

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Silverado, it's regrettable that you cannot engage in a discussion with civility, and you have to resort to ad hominem attacks. You, sir, are not a gentleman, and I have no use for you. When someone has tried to show you the light, staying in the dark is a choice that reflects who you are.

Da Bing

I notice no rebuttal of my counterpoints. :cool:

I must go to Wal-Mart yet again, and seek out treatment for the deep heartburn that I am feeling over not being of any use to you. Since I surely can't trust their customer service, I will have to rely solely on my wits, my skill, and my advanced training.

Somehow, some way, I am determined to find the Pepto-Bismol, and not have to leave the store in defeat and confusion with only a cucumber, a rake, some Atkins Peanut Butter Bars, and a Garth Brooks CD.

Shopping is hard, brother. I feel your pain. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Uh oh, elitists on the internets discussing walmart. "Better-than-thou" attitudes running rampant... for they truly are better than all of us. Attend one debate class in high-school, toss in some flourish words, and you've won. :rolleyes:

Time to back away and let this play out on it's own.

SHEEPdOHdoubleG

Plinker
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    East Central Indiana
    This thread was not posted to stir up debates on whether or not people would rather shop at Wal-mart or Mom & Pop shops, or discuss wage comparisons between the two... It was meant to share a bad experience I had at Wal-Mart. It could have happened anywhere. There are people in stores all over the state that probably feel the same way that kid did when he is selling a customer ammo... "9mm ammo?? GUNS?? This guy is CRAZY!!" That's the problem (at least in this scenario)... the sheeple who **** down their legs at the sight of or mention of a gun.

As far as Wal-Mart goes, all I used to buy was Ammo there. Now I will not buy anything there.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    +1 to rural king, very easy on the wallet for all your ammo needs!

had the same problem at carmel wal-mart. stopped in to get some WWB and had to ask twice for help. i am pritty patient, so two times is just sad... after i finally realized i had been there for a 1/2 hr and started to leave and then the attendant showed up, i said what to you so long, his reply was i was getting a price check on a soccer ball..

its funny, there was a you-scan 2 isles away from where they had the soccer balls.

My only issue with Rural King is their lousy selection of 9mm ammo.....the Federal stuff I got from them was awful.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Quoting a disappointing past occupant of the White House, "Is this when we unleash our one-liners?"

Save the one-liners and disparagement of fellow :ingo:ers for something serious, like the OC/CC debate or the exploding Glock threads—or even the debate of wimps using 9mm vs. real men using .45ACP.

Arguments and witty repartee over shopping is just too gay! Leave it for the ladies to fight over shopping.

I'm heading for the range in my pickup, right after church—just to make President Hussein mad. I love the way his ears wiggle when he is mad!:D:D:D:D

Where's the purple tab?:dunno:

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I was in Brownsburg Walmart saturday morning looking in the ammo case, 2 different employees with keys to the case came over and asked if I needed something out of there within 5 minutes. Told them I wasn't sure what I wanted yet and 1 of the people told me where exactly in the store I could find him(couple aisles over) if/when I wanted him to get something out. Thought it was pretty good...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    If I stopped shopping at every store where a Employee did something stupid than I'd have no place to shop. Some examples:

Two kids discussing penis size of their mothers in front of my wife and kids (yes, manager was called)

One check out lane open late at night with ten people waiting while three clerks just sit in the customer service area watching

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    One check out lane open late at night with ten people waiting while three clerks just sit in the customer service area watching

Same exact thing happened to me and the wife about 10 pm on a Friday night at Meijer.

Found the manager on duty and told her those employees should be fired and had they been working for me they would have. :xmad:

You have a job, go do it. Don't want to work? Somebody else will. Bye.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    This thread was not posted to stir up debates on whether or not people would rather shop at Wal-mart or Mom & Pop shops, or discuss wage comparisons between the two... It was meant to share a bad experience I had at Wal-Mart. It could have happened anywhere. There are people in stores all over the state that probably feel the same way that kid did when he is selling a customer ammo... "9mm ammo?? GUNS?? This guy is CRAZY!!" That's the problem (at least in this scenario)... the sheeple who **** down their legs at the sight of or mention of a gun.

As far as Wal-Mart goes, all I used to buy was Ammo there. Now I will not buy anything there.
    Agreed. And I was at WM on Sunday morn-no issues. I visited Brownsburg before going to the range. I am sure I will be flamed for it but who else is open at 7AM on a Sunday? They filled the need, the guy was nice and I was in and out.

Unfortunately the bad experiences happen everywhere. I see alot of it from the younger generation, but not all of it.

Jerrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I was in Walmart in Avon just last week. I had to go to Lawn and Garden to find someone ( It was 10:30 at night ), but he was very happy to help. Indecently I got my first lesson in using cheap ammo in an Ar15. :dunno:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    At Meijer I waited for about 15 mins for someone to show up to give me some 9mm. When he came up I told him I wanted three boxes of Winchester White Box. He asked me what I wanted it for. I laughed and said, "to shoot" from my 9mm. He turned to the cabinet and said "just keep it away from me and my family". I took the three boxes and asked the gentleman to go with me to the front of the store. He complied and we paged the store manager. Needless to say, I reported what this guy said and the manager apologized profusely.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At Meijer I waited for about 15 mins for someone to show up to give me some 9mm. When he came up I told him I wanted three boxes of Winchester White Box. He asked me what I wanted it for. I laughed and said, "to shoot" from my 9mm. He turned to the cabinet and said "just keep it away from me and my family". I took the three boxes and asked the gentleman to go with me to the front of the store. He complied and we paged the store manager. Needless to say, I reported what this guy said and the manager apologized profusely.

Age-range?

Top Bottom