• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've had a few feathers in my wings but never any hassle when I OC at Buffalo Wild Wings. Every area/manager is different, but no doubt they should warn you of possible hassle if you OC in their store. Great experience with the APD though, every encounter between a legal OC/CC'er and the police should be like that.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Yeah, sounds like he was totally on your side.

+1 for the great OC education :rolleyes:

obviously he wasnt a fan of open carrying, i meant that he agreed with my choice to carry..the manager said that it was common sense not to bring a gun into public, not specifically open carry
    thanks for the useless reply

You shouldn't even bother responding to sarcastic post like the above.
    Thanks for taking the time to relate your experience.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I carry everyday and have been since I was legally of age to do so. I carry on my hip with a shirt to cover. Im not going to hide my gun in my shorts or on my ankle but I still don't understand why someone have to OC on purpose. If you are carrying your gun to protect you, your family, and anyone else that may need help why would it matter if you are OC or CC. OC is a public display "HEY everyone I can carry a gun". I am sorry and I don't want to turn this into a CC or OC debate but the Officer was on his side. The advice was sound if you want businesses to stay "Gun Friendly" be considerate. If you want the business to be "OC" carry then you are carrying for the wrong reason. I mean really do you walk around with a condom hanging around your neck? NO!!

:twocents:

Some of us also choose to not walk around with our shirts untucked looking like hoodlums either....

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    that paticular manager is an asshat anyways. i cant believe he still works there. i know several people that work there and cant recall any of them having a positive thing to say about him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Their wings are so overpriced and not quality at all. It seems every time I go I have to order them "wet" so that I can get some sauce on them. Normally they come out close to bare. Its hard to get out of there for under 30 bucks for two people. I wish someone would open a good quality reasonably priced man hangout wing joint around me. I would definitely look in to it if I had the capital right now. But unfortunately the university is robbing me.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Their wings are so overpriced and not quality at all. It seems every time I go I have to order them "wet" so that I can get some sauce on them. Normally they come out close to bare. Its hard to get out of there for under 30 bucks for two people. I wish someone would open a good quality reasonably priced man hangout wing joint around me. I would definitely look in to it if I had the capital right now. But unfortunately the university is robbing me.
    Always hear a lot of complaining about Bdubs, yet the place is always packed(go figure)...never hear a suitable alternative posted...at least not in the Fort Wayne area.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Always hear a lot of complaining about Bdubs, yet the place is always packed(go figure)...never hear a suitable alternative posted...at least not in the Fort Wayne area.

Best alternative is to invest in a nice deep fryer and do them at home. After the 2nd time the fryer has paid for itself and you can "custom tune" them for your own taste. Ever since the first time I had my MIL's and my wife's homemade wings I cannot eat them from a restaurant.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    The police should not have even come unless the OP was refusing to leave after having been informed of the policy.

Frankly, these warnings are a civil matter. Unless the customer is being disorderly or refuses to leave, I don't know why the police are even dispatched on these calls. BDubs made the rule, let them enforce it. If they need help doing so, then let them hire private security at their expense and not suck at the government teat.

I think that they are required to check it out just as if you were to call in anything else that was going on. I couldn't agree more though. Maybe charging a "false alarm fee" to the caller would stop it?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I think that they are required to check it out just as if you were to call in anything else that was going on. I couldn't agree more though. Maybe charging a "false alarm fee" to the caller would stop it?

They are "required" by nothing more than some departments' policies, which should be changed.

No reasonable suspicion of illegal activity should equal no dispatch of law enforcement.

It should be treated the same as the courts have ruled for drivers license checks simply for driving a car.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    They are "required" by nothing more than some departments' policies, which should be changed.

No reasonable suspicion of illegal activity should equal no dispatch of law enforcement.

It should be treated the same as the courts have ruled for drivers license checks simply for driving a car.

I like the "false alarm" fee better than allowing the department to make a judgement call as to whether or not to respond. Can you only image when the dept determines is just a MWAG, but actually turned into an Armed Robbery?

As far as the officers comments that you should OC, I take that to mean, if you are an OC person, but the manager has an issue, CC is better than disarming. So OC if you want where its welcome, CC where it might not be welcome, and work to educate them.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Exactly!
    I still dont understand why it cant be policy that the dispatchers ask "What is the person doing with the gun?" when they get a MWAG call.. Seems so simple to me...

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Can you only image when the dept determines is just a MWAG, but actually turned into an Armed Robbery?

No different than a MDAC (Man Driving A Car) call that later turns into a vehicular assault. There was no reasonable suspicion of illegal activity afoot.

"If only someone had come and checked his drivers license..." :crying:

We can't keep tolerating this trading of our liberties for the false notion of security - whether it's driven by the emotionally scared general population or the butt-covering department chiefs and politicians... it's still infringement of our Liberty.

bwrin

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    Did you get the Officers name? If his last name was Webb, he is my best friends brother and an AWESOME guy/officer. With that being said, I went to school at AU and after awhile, we as students, stopped eating at Bdubs due to their price hikes and crappy service.

I actually just learned yesterday that the officer i spoke to was Marty Dulworth..the officer that was shot during the shooting in Pendleton...small world right? I'd like to see him when he gets out of the hospital and thank him

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I love their wings and mango habanero sauce. Sorry, I won't say their food is bad just because they ban guns. The food is good and the beer selection is great. I conceal there.

Mmm... mango habanero... :drool:

I've OCed at my local Bdubs many times without issue.

If it ever becomes an issue there, I'll just go elsewhere.

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    Some of us also choose to not walk around with our shirts untucked looking like hoodlums either....

You should get a job with the govt looking for terrorist. The fact that you know that someone walking around with their shirt untucked makes them a hoodlum is awesome.

Top Bottom