• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ...and right there you have one of the biggest problems with our court system. Cops, prosecutors, judges are all buddies who hang out together on the same team. A lot of the lawyers who are not even on the prosecution side do everything they can to break in to that clique and be a part with them. Because it affects cases.

Go sit in a traffic court some time, especially in a smaller city and watch the cops, the prosecutor all in and out chatting up their schemes and getting their story straight. In and out sucking up with the court officials. While the mere citizens are held out in the "cattle pen".

Direct quote of a defense lawyer, "The cop showed up and I was going to ask for a continuance but I play golf with this judge. We'll go ahead and try it. Just tell the judge what happened. Nothing fancy just answer any question, no more."
    :rockwoot:

Another thing to think about. Your lawyer, the prosecutions lawyer are both licensed by the State. That seems fair.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Indeed.

After some reflection on the last 10 pages or so, perhaps that's the best way to leave this thread.

LS gets scoreboard.

I get to spend more time on the parts of this forum that interest me more, and perhaps there will be less argument in this thread. Net win for the forum.

and

Similar to how you didn't recall his point about "if this happens again" when you testified?

You disagreed as to the direction. That is not perjury.

You're still here. Can we use your inconsistency to impeach your credibility?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I definitely take back the "integrity" compliment I gave awhile back.

Doing whatever it takes to win a case, is not integrity. Integrity, especially as a supposed gun owner, would be to point out injustice even if it means losing, not admitting you would manipulate the evidence just to win at all cost.

Disgusting.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Naw, you can't impeach what doesn't exist to begin with...

Awesome.

I definitely take back the "integrity" compliment I gave awhile back.

Doing whatever it takes to win a case, is not integrity. Integrity, especially as a supposed gun owner, would be to point out injustice even if it means losing, not admitting you would manipulate the evidence just to win at all cost.

Disgusting.

I'd like to know who's been repping him for his posts.:n00b:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Indeed.

After some reflection on the last 10 pages or so, perhaps that's the best way to leave this thread.

LS gets scoreboard.

I get to spend more time on the parts of this forum that interest me more, and perhaps there will be less argument in this thread. Net win for the forum.

:scratch:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    i was wondering that myself.....does he post in other sections or only this thread?

Only 36 posts & already 2+ orange badges. Thats got to be some kind of record.

Maybe he's giving away free legal advice to the mods in exchange for some rep badges.

;)

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    While I'm not glad this happened to LS as an individual, I am happy that someone like him happened to be the "criminal" in this case. If a like incident happened to someone not as educated/experienced in such matters, I would wager the end result may have been different.

When I started following this thread in the beginning, I thought I recognized LS's name. Since I work in the Cincy area, I was able to refresh my memory. I remember the good Lt from his dealings on the CPD. Then add to the fray that he was a former Board of Director for the NRA. Absolutely a great set of credentials to deal with this situation. I would like to have been a fly on the wall when T Rex (like that better than Lex) discovered exactly who he was having to prosecute....

I think we all owe a tip of the hat to Liberty for what he did to protect all of our rights.

Hopefully I will never have to set foot in the elite neighborhood of Carmel!
    No desire to meet T Lex or any member of the Carmel PD.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    You know...the thought came to me the other day that maybe T-Rex really isn't the lawyer who tried the Liberty case.

I think maybe T-Rex is just a commie-lib hippie...trolling, stirring up crap, and being an agent provocateur to make all us gun nutters mad and make us hate lawyers and cops more ;), so that eventually we freak out during a traffic stop and go all Rambo on the cop because of perceived or actual rights violations.

This will be what Glenn Beck calls the ArchDuke Ferdinand moment, when the civil war goes hot and we all kill each other in a ruckus and then Obama and his minions can reset everything Karl Marx style a lot easier.

Or not.

Maybe T-Rex is that good. Maybe not.

Who's to say?

Certainly not me.

Valor35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette
    This may not be the best time/place to post my first offering to the forum, but Here goes: Having read this entire thread from beginning to end, all I can say is that it has scared the *mess* out of me.

I have folks I consider friends that are LEO's (state, county, local city), AND folks I consider friends that are (gasp!) lawyers. Here is what scares me: there are, apparently, good cops and bad cops, good lawyers and bad lawyers ('good' and 'bad' in what they stand for, or what their principles -- or lack thereof -- will allow them to do), and our only chance for a fair shake when things happen may very well be determined by which of the 'good' or 'bad' we encounter. Very random, and VERY terrifying!

(Note: No personal references meant here to T.Lex or any other posters regarding 'good' or 'bad'. That is an argument I do not wish to start nor participate in).

Thanks to all the 'good' LEO's (and there are a bunch of them) who stand up for what is right (Top kudos to Liberty here - I used to live in Cincy and appreciate your service). Being a LEO is tough duty and takes a better person than I. There are also a lot of 'good' lawyers -- some on these boards, that can be counted on to act ethically.

BUT -- imho there is nothing worse than a 'bad' cop, closely followed by a 'bad' lawyer. Hopefully I will never have to have serious dealings with either.

Last edited:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Only 36 posts & already 2+ orange badges. Thats got to be some kind of record.

Maybe he's giving away free legal advice to the mods in exchange for some rep badges.

;)

If this was two years ago it would be a record, but now there is a lot of powerful reppers. I give well over a bronze badge every time I rep

Top Bottom