• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    BAD lever is for matches you have to single load for while slung up when you can't/won't get an ambi lower. IE why the heck are we using this rifle for this match anyway. Yes, it can be operated with a straight finger so you can't slip into the trigger guard (at least mine are long enough not to) just like a serpa... still don't like it because it's easy to misuse.

Most semi auto pistols and rifles will go into battery when locked open and struck. Pistols are most noted for doing it when vigorously inserting mags.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've had a BAD installed on my patrol rifle for the last 15ish years or so. I installed it when I installed my Redi-mag. I have thousands or reps and rounds through the setup without issue. Many hours of shoot-n-move, stress drills, and actual deployments under stress in the field and not once has it failed or posed an issue or problem. Not sure where the issues are coming from here.

xPdhFxR.jpg

zu2DR4j.jpg

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've had a BAD installed on my patrol rifle for the last 15ish years or so. I installed it when I installed my Redi-mag. I have thousands or reps and rounds through the setup without issue. Many hours of shoot-n-move, stress drills, and actual deployments under stress in the field and not once has it failed or posed an issue or problem. Not sure where the issues are coming from here.

I know people that have used a Serpa without ND for decades... there are also many videos of people not doing so well. Like the Serpa holsters, it can be used poorly in such a way that if your finger slips, it finds the trigger.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI

xPdhFxR.jpg

zu2DR4j.jpg
    I have to agree with this. It's not for everyone, but I actually really like my BAD lever. It sticks out far enough my finger is never in the trigger guard and allows me to manipulate the bolt release from either side.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Can't believe we made it this far in without a reference to the classic "the bolt has closed, the weapon has fired"

(WARNING: Video contains foul language)

It really doesn't take much of a bump to get the bolt to go home on an AR. Sounds like that's the only issue here, nothing to do with the BAD lever.

Excellent explanation here, for anyone who doesn't understand the mechanics:

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Remove lever, duplicate issue, evaluate results. This will tell you if the lever is the issue. I don't have any augmented controls on my ar platform guns so 1) they're all the same and 2) in the event I have to manipulate an AR in stock form my actions will result in the desired effect.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    That being said, one of my lowers is ambi and I love it, while the others are not. No bad levers, no extended charging handles, no vertical grips, no oversized safeties, etc.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I know people that have used a Serpa without ND for decades... there are also many videos of people not doing so well. Like the Serpa holsters, it can be used poorly in such a way that if your finger slips, it finds the trigger.
    Ive used a Serpa for a few years now, It works well for me.
    I also carry a striker with a manual safety.

Top Bottom