• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Our neighbor's dog jumps the fence and craps in our yard. They know she does this and do not offer or make an attempt to clean it up. Nowadays, I throw it back in their yard, aimming for the above ground pool. I'm 3 for 3! :D

I tried to rep ya for that. My cousin used to do something similar years ago. He would scoop it up and sling towards the neighbors house. I saw it stick to the siding once and land on the awning over the back door another time. That's just funny :poop:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have lived in my current house for almost 20 years I grow up in the house and purchased it off my father when he retired and have always keep it one of the nicest houses on the street. Earlier this year I went on vacation to florida for 3 weeks, with-in an hour of getting back while I was unloading my truck a couple of the neighbors came up to me and started complaining about how tall my Grass was and that they didn't appreciate that I didn't take care of my property and let me grass grow so tall, I was suprised since I have never talked to any of my neighbors, I keep to myself. They went on to tell me that they were going to start a home owners association to make people like me take care of their property to their standards. Now I have looked at the deed to my house and there are no mention of Home owner association and I do not have any Restrictive covenants or deed restrictions on my property I more or less should be able to do what I want with-in the law and be able to keep to myself. Now everytime I Drive down the street neighbors will stare at me and watch me when ever I am out in my front yard. I also had to chase their kids off from the property this halloween since they were throwing eggs at my house. When I went to the parents they told me that your childern did nothing wrong and closed the door in my face. The real sad part of it is they treat me like this and down the street we have a registered sex offenders and they all seem to have no problem with him.

I dont know what I did wrong, I have never talked to the neighbors never done anything wrong to the people on the street just didn't cut me grass for 3 week while on vacation.

Does anyone else have any issue's with their neighbor-hood

Also on your street do the people not use their backyards?

On my street everyone does everything in their front yard we have several people that constantly have their garage door open with t.v and radios on all the time which wouldn't be bad buts its everday until about 1am. I can actually sit on my front porch and listen to a couple of football games at once coming from down the street about 12 houses away from me every weekend.

Also when did it become normal to grill in your front yard? All my neighbors grill in their drive-ways. Is this a normal thing that is common for people to do? I always have used my back-yard never my front.

I don't know, but this might just be part of the issue. People generally don't respond in unfriendly manners when friendliness was established prior to the issue. I'm not criticizing your for it. Just offering up an observation.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they can't start an HOA and force you to join.

You'd be right. HOA membership is voluntary.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Sorry to hear that you live around such jackasses. I really don't understand why people are that way. Personally, I just mind my own business unless a problem finds its way on to my property. If I let things like that bother me, I would go nuts with the neighbor I have. If a limb falls in his yard, instead of picking it up, he will just mow around it. This guy also has some sort of plant life growing in his gutters since they haven't been cleaned out since about 1989.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I feel your pain. I have crappy neighbors on both sides of my house. One side the lady has a son in his mid twenties that lives in the shed outback and sells drugs. The cop's know about it but nothing they can do unless they catch him. The other side are pretty quite but it seems every time I do something at my house it bothers them. I added a bathroom and they insisted I remove a window because I could see in their yard from it, cut my grass and clippings blow their way, (not because my mower is blowing that way, just wind, I am very careful) They freak out over it. I am hoping to buy a house with a little land soon and no longer worry about neighbors.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I tried to rep ya for that. My cousin used to do something similar years ago. He would scoop it up and sling towards the neighbors house. I saw it stick to the siding once and land on the awning over the back door another time. That's just funny :poop:

I got ya!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I feel your pain. I have crappy neighbors on both sides of my house. One side the lady has a son in his mid twenties that lives in the shed outback and sells drugs. The cop's know about it but nothing they can do unless they catch him. The other side are pretty quite but it seems every time I do something at my house it bothers them. I added a bathroom and they insisted I remove a window because I could see in their yard from it, cut my grass and clippings blow their way, (not because my mower is blowing that way, just wind, I am very careful) They freak out over it. I am hoping to buy a house with a little land soon and no longer worry about neighbors.

Tell me you didn't remove it, please.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010

Tell the lady to get bent about the window...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Shed: A shed isn't a habitable structure. Contact your Building Codes Enforcement Officer and the Fire Department Inspector.

Bathroom: Can't do it. Building codes require a means of ventilation for a bathroom. Oh too bad. :rolleyes:

Though I could understand their point if they could see inside your bathroom. Then a mere opaque window treatment would correct that problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The freaks are buying the drugs from the boy in the shed. Paranoia runs deep. Thats just crazy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years ago, I moved into a neighborhood that had an HOA. Our house was brand new and the yard was just starting to grow, so I left it alone hoping the grass would go to seed and fill in the massive bare spots. I got a nasty gram, so I decided to cut my grass. At 1:00 in the morning. I fired up my 1,000 watt construction lights, and did the whole nine yards, mower, weed eater, leaf blower. That was the last time I got a nasty gram from the president who happened to live across the street. :D

+1

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    OP, I'm not saying you should firebomb your neighbors but I am saying firebombs solve a lot of problems.

What is wrong with grilling in the front yard?

There is a lot wrong with it. I tried it once and I had all kinds of two-legged vermin trying to get scraps.

Top Bottom