• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    OP, I'm not saying you should firebomb your neighbors but I am saying firebombs solve a lot of problems.

There is a lot wrong with it. I tried it once and I had all kinds of two-legged vermin trying to get scraps.

I've done it for years and never had an issue. Plus the rocking chair is on the front porch out of the sun and under a fan.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As already mentioned, you can ignore it, and them, or go tit or tat. Go get the local codes, call the local code enforcement about any and everything, everytime. Depending on how busy body they are (the code enforcement people) they will probably get out there and write up some tickets. I know the ones in Killeen were really busy bodied, cause they were at my place a couple times, about all sorts of BS, although, i did learn some of the local laws...........

As for front yard grilling, I guess it depends where round about you from. I know my folks do, although we live out in the boonies just about, and I know more then a couple that do front or back, just depending. If there are more people coming, its in the front, if its just family, then its in the back.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    We are pretty lucky to have decent neighbors. The neighbor kid, about 21/22, was getting into a bad habit of loud music. Too loud and too much bass that you could feel in the house. Wife told his mom who owned the home and it was taken care of. Happened a couple of weeks later and it was a friend who started yelling at the wife. She yelled back and walked away...music went down ASAP and never returned. He finally must have saved up enough to move out because it doesn't seem like he is living there anymore.

We also don't have an HOA, and I refuse to live in a neighborhood with one. You can't trust some people not to be total control freaks. Too many of them let their personal desires control the agenda. If they can't stand trash cans left out, they will immediately fine you. However, if they have a privacy fence in violation of the contract, and their buddies also have one, magically that provision never gets enforced.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    ........However, if they have a privacy fence in violation of the contract, and their buddies also have one, magically that provision never gets enforced.

Most CC&Rs have a provision that states that failure to enforce any condition or restriction, doesn't excuse the enforcement upon anyone else.

Essentially, selective enforcement.....of which I've had an abundant amount of success of sticking it back at them.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We, sadly, lost some bad neighbors recently. Their kids came over one day and, like always, just opened the door and walked right in to tell me that they found a trailer they were gonna move into. It was all I could do to not laugh and do a lively jig. I can understand the TVs in garages being annoying but why is it s big deal if people grill in their front yard? I suppose it could be an issue if the grill was right next to the house or something else flammable, but if not then who cares?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I grill in the front on my driveway because my back porch is a 3x3 or so concrete slab that serves more as a step or a place to put my gas can when I'm mowing.

I'm relatively friendly with my neighbors. We have similar last names and get each other's mail every once in a while.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Open Carry around your neighborhood on a regular basis. It tends to change people's attitude.

Especially when you OC while watering and enjoying your 14 inch grass. :D
    They can go pound their manicured lawn.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Regarding HOA's

To All,

For those of you already in an HOA my friend found the perfect solution.

He ran for HOA President and won!:D

He then put his boot up everyone's butt that wanted to do stupid :poop:.

Boy, did they get hot and bothered. The reality was that most of the folks in the neighborhood didn't want to put up with the busybodies and would show up when he called to vote down all their garbage.

He isn't president any more...:(

However, any time they start talking smack about stupid stuff he just threatens to run again and they shut up. He says it's pretty funny to watch.

So just run for office and make certain you will win when you get all the reasonable neighbors on your side. Then squash the busybodies and have fun with it.

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    From what I gather, the bad neighbor on my block was the owner of the house I'm renting. I've heard all kinds of stories about his shenanigans from the neighbors now that he has moved to Georgia. I've done all kinds of work sprucing up the place, painting, fixing this, replacing that, and all while open carrying.

Neighbor to one side is an army vet who helped me install attic stairs, and other side neighbor is a quiet family who helped me corral my dogs when they got out one day. I'm not too crazy about the neighbors behind me, but the whole back yard has a 6 foot privacy fence with a locking gate.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    To All,

For those of you already in an HOA my friend found the perfect solution.

He ran for HOA President and won!:D

He then put his boot up everyone's butt that wanted to do stupid :poop:.

Boy, did they get hot and bothered. The reality was that most of the folks in the neighborhood didn't want to put up with the busybodies and would show up when he called to vote down all their garbage.

He isn't president any more...:(

However, any time they start talking smack about stupid stuff he just threatens to run again and they shut up. He says it's pretty funny to watch.

So just run for office and make certain you will win when you get all the reasonable neighbors on your side. Then squash the busybodies and have fun with it.

Regards,

Doug

The last time I got bothered by the HOA stupid stuff, I just printed out an photocopied a newsletter, and delivered it to every door in the neighborhood.

Its amusing to include a letter, specifically singling me out, to correct a perceived violation of the CC&Rs; and then show a multitude of photos, to include that of the HOA President's home with the same violation......and present that way for years.

Its even more amusing when I've included it as an exhibit, when the HOA has gone to court to compel me to correct the same. :):

Top Bottom