• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's what the law says. However, in the real world, it's still up to the CO. Results were about 50/50 on this one. If the CO thinks the spill looks "suspicious" - and that's totally up to him and his interpretation - he may still site you stating you put the corn there...he doesn't believe it was a spill. Then it's up to you to prove your innocence. Pray the owner steers you to the right share-cropper - to the right driver - and they remember it spilling...which they won't because they don't remember them all and certainly don't see them all. So, yes - technically legal - no, you may still get a citation.

Revenue............

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    That's what the law says. However, in the real world, it's still up to the CO. Results were about 50/50 on this one. If the CO thinks the spill looks "suspicious" - and that's totally up to him and his interpretation - he may still site you stating you put the corn there...he doesn't believe it was a spill. Then it's up to you to prove your innocence. Pray the owner steers you to the right share-cropper - to the right driver - and they remember it spilling...which they won't because they don't remember them all and certainly don't see them all. So, yes - technically legal - no, you may still get a citation.

You`re gong to pull something reaching like that...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I say legalize it, tax anything everything that would be considered bait or lure 2% and that money goes straight to the DNR for land management or to keep our license inexpensive. People get to worked up about baiting.

Ethica,l fair chase hunting should not be sold out for profit...

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    If you teach hunter-ed, or know someone who's been wrongly accused (I know plenty), then it's a big deal. The laws are vague no matter which side of the fence you're sitting on.
    You must be misunderstanding me. I am saying people get to worked up about the practices of baiting deer. Not saying people don't get caught on the wrong side when they aren't baiting deer within the legal 10 days before season starts. If it was legal it doesn't mean you would have to do it. To me it doesn't really matter. I feel food plots,cornfields,bean fields, deer lure is just feel good bait we all use anyway. I don't care if a guy has a 10,000 pound feeder or 30 acre cornfield.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I am very good at baiting... extremely proficient. In fact, I am an excellent baiter.

I've spent many years developing a fine mastery of the art of baiting.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Yeah, keep telling yourself that...

But anyway, most people want to get cam pics of the deer traveling naturally, when and where they`ll be anyway...

Are you always a or do you just play one on ingo? And you don't have a clue about anything discussed in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I watched a well known hunting couple celebrities on TV doing a very late season MZ hunt on their farm. They had planted corn just for the deer. A couple days before the hunt they went in and bush hogged the first dozen rows of corn on the treestand side. Yep...the deer fogged into that area as late winter that was about all that they had. Crops was grown but I still would call that baiting..

Absolutely agreed.

Apparently the DNR doesn't agree with either of you that brush hogging a food source is baiting since DNR employees annually plant sunflowers on several DNR properties just to brush hog the mature sunflowers immediately before conducting dove hunts on those fields. As JJ said the laws are extremely vague and open to interpretation. Personally, having hunted other states that do allow baiting I'm glad Indiana does not since legal baiting and high hunting pressure seems to only make hunting tougher.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I wouldn't if it was legal cause I am not willing to carry a 50 pound bag of corn a 1/2 on my shoulder. But I just don't care what others do especially if it was legal.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Certainly I could, but how long would anyone patronize such silly, pointless scenarios? It`s childish and accomplishes nothing.

They're not childish or pointless, they happen. Talk to a few CO's, or better volunteer to teach hunter-ed. Get involved with your local CO's and talk to them. These things happen.

In Springville, two years ago, there was a bow hunter - ethical fair chase guy like yourself - used his atv to haul his deer out of the woods far enough to get it to the truck, very rough country he was pulling the deer out of. Was placing his tag on the deer at the tailgate of the truck, edge of the woods, was cited for moving a deer without a tag on it. Apparently he didn't realize moving the deer on his atv was moving it on a motorized vehicle. The deer was on the atv all of 100 yards, up hill, through the woods to his truck. Cited.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Certainly I could, but how long would anyone patronize such silly, pointless scenarios? It`s childish and accomplishes nothing.

I can hook you up with the hunter-ed instructor that was voted instructor of the year last year 2016. He's also the regional director for NBEF, knows nearly every CO in the state. He's a stand-up guy and the most ethical hunter I know. Be glad to give you his contact information. Talk to him.

Top Bottom