Barcelona: Van plows into crowd...Two confirmed dead...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This got interestinger.

BBC now reporting that a suspect has been killed in a shootout with police on the outskirts of Barcelona.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In other news, the Spanish PM is on the way to Barcelona.

Because, you know, leaders sometimes try to go to places where there are tragedies to help support the citizens there and take a principled, if symbolic, stand.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The Beeb also reporting that 2 arrests have been made.

The van may have blown through a checkpoint, injuring police at that location, before barreling through the pedestrian area.

And now Daesh claiming responsibility.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Is pink considered a deeper shade of purple?

Otherwise, I'm well and truly confused.

Dammit, stop picking on the color blind! LOL

edit: I went back and tried to make it more purple...

Does this help?

[video=youtube;zUwEIt9ez7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUwEIt9ez7M[/video]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I didn't post about at the time, but when I went to Europe in May I walked down Las Ramblas and ate dinner at one of the restaurants. Neat place, we plan on going back.

gym57d2.jpg

We have many pedestrian streets around where I live.
    Most of them just have a sign at the entrance that says vehicles are not allowed, but nothing to phyically block a vehicle from taking that street.
    People that have shops in those streets need to access it with their delivery truck, usually early in the morning when there's no pedestrians yet.
    The police, EMS, postal services, and other services still need to access the street.

bordeaux-apartments-hyper-centre-hotels-france-bordeaux-centre-ville-34482_59377orjxm.jpg

rue-saint-nicolas.jpg

I never walk right in the middle of the street, I stay on the side next to the bollars (or those big trees in that picture in Spain) or other sturdy street furnitures (lamp posts, concrete bench etc).
    I also keep me head on a swivel knowing that cars car can access the street as they sometimes do, and look both ways before crossing like I would any other street.

A pedestrian street in the morning:

33715615.jpg

I guess it's pretty similar to "gun-free zones", they make you feel safe but the only reason why people don't bring a gun (or a truck/van) is because they decide to obey signs; no because they are unable to bring a gun or truck into the "safe zone".

You can get run over by a car in a pedestrian street same way you can get shot in a "gun-free" zone.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'm not a history expert, but didn't the Europeans kick out the Muslims several hundred years ago? Like King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella? Maybe Europeans then were smarter than European now.

Unrelated, but I always wondered about France and Algeria. The Algerians fought a bitter rebellion in the 60's to kick the French out of Africa. So why the heck do the Algerians now want to migrate to France? If I'm running the show in France, I'd run them out.

All this crap has made me and many I know, more supportive of Trump.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Going back when it's complete? LOL

We checked out Las Ramblas during the day and thought it was quaint. We very much enjoyed our entire tour of Spain.

ETA: Prayers to the victims and their families and may the perpetrators burn in hell.

Why LOL? If it stays on schedule it'll be done before I'm 80.

Liberty1916

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2017
    Home
    Unrelated, but I always wondered about France and Algeria. The Algerians fought a bitter rebellion in the 60's to kick the French out of Africa. So why the heck do the Algerians now want to migrate to France? If I'm running the show in France, I'd run them out.

Pied Noirs. After independence, the Algerians gave the ethnic French, some who had been in Algeria for generations, a choice between the "suitcase or the coffin".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pied-Noir

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Why LOL? If it stays on schedule it'll be done before I'm 80.

Not sure if serious, BUT, when we toured Sagrada, I recall them saying Gaudi said it would never be complete but an evolving sort of thing. That was less than 12 hours after arriving from the US, so, I could be foggy. YMMV. Anywho, architecturally, it is pretty sweet.

ETA: google doesn't agree with the above, but that's how I remember it, which means I'm wrong. :-)

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Fake bomb belts, was that also in the London Bridge attack?? Edit: yes.

The injured and dead were from 24 different countries, including France, Germany, Pakistan and the Philippines, a government statement said.

Police have detained three men, including a Moroccan, a man from Spain's autonomous African city of Melilla, and one man whose identity was unknown. Two of the men did not drive van. The third man's arrest circumstances remain unknown.

Meantime, security authorities have thwarted a second terror attack in Cambrils, a town south of Barcelona, killing 5 suspects equipped with bomb belts trying to replicate the earlier attack in Barcelona. But the belts were later found to be fake, authorities said.

Search continues for driver in Barcelona attack | Fox News

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Number of injured now being reported at 130, across 2 attacks. Total number of dead remains at 13. (Well, wait, now reports that a 14th person may have died from injuries.)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dear Lord... reports of a 7 year old who was separated from his mother in the commotion. Mom's in the hospital in serious but stable condition, no one knows where the kid is.

That's gut wrenching.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting vid of Spanish police taking down a guy in Cambrils.

Cambrils: 'Pop pop, a couple of shots and he fell down' - BBC News

Not sure what the link was to the attacks, but the police were sure convinced he was a threat.

Another video on CNN is from a guy who, I think, was downrange when the shots were fired. The mic picks up what sounds like a ricochet.

Scary stuff.

The CNN amateur vid includes shots of what look like dead people, possibly shot, that no one is attending to. Likely to be the suspected terrorists.

The Cambrils individuals appear to have had fake suicide vests. Which, these days, turn out to be real suicide vests - suicide by supersonic lead poisoning.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom